Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Volunteering/Volunteering?

Options
  • 17-03-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

https://hbsrecruitmentservices.ie/

Obviously, the priority call is for medical staff, but any idea what non medical volunteer roles HSE might need?

I have a full time job, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of work-from-home admin contribution I could make in the evenings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Obviously, the priority call is for medical staff, but any idea what non medical volunteer roles HSE might need?

I have a full time job, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of work-from-home admin contribution I could make in the evenings.

Drop them a line

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

My wife is frontline medical staff.

I’ll be selfish and say one of us is enough and I’m home minding the shop and being with kids as my work has stalled. Plus my qualifications are management and supervision, the last thing the hse needs is more Middle management ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I am an IT professional with no healthcare expertise but would be willing to help in any way if I could. Would IT be a job they might need extra staffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aismac

Likewise - I came into boards to see are there ways to help the health service workers. I heard there is a Teachers' facebook/whatsapp group put together to assist in minding healthcare workers' children while they are working.

Are there other ways of supporting them that anyone can think of?

Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Cona wrote: »
    I am an IT professional with no healthcare expertise but would be willing to help in any way if I could. Would IT be a job they might need extra staffing?

I'd be shocked if they weren't looking for exactly that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Alkers

The examples in the form are drivers and answering telephones, there's only 50 characters allowed to fill in skillets which isn't much

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Quiko09

Has anyone taken up or been offered a temporary contact , for 3 months
    I have applied since the first day , it was launched and have gone through the various steps, Garda vetting, etc, over the last 2 months.

I have got offered a 3 month contract , but wondering if I will get any actual work or is it just to be ready/available for work, if was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Quiko09 wrote: »
    Has anyone taken up or been offered a temporary contact , for 3 months
    I have applied since the first day , it was launched and have gone through the various steps, Garda vetting, etc, over the last 2 months.

I have got offered a 3 month contract , but wondering if I will get any actual work or is it just to be ready/available for work, if was needed.

When did you get your contract? You should be starting work asap once that's all done and dusted. Has your vetting come back?

Miike wrote: »
    When did you get your contract? You should be starting work asap once that's all done and dusted. Has your vetting come back?

Vetting came back a month ago.

Got a few email updates since and a call to tell me about 2 weeks ago, that I should hear something soon.
    Then got a email with a contract last week, to start this week.

But I’m wondering, is it that it’s just to have people available/ready to start if needed.
    Work is not guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Quiko09 wrote: »
    Vetting came back a month ago.

Got a few email updates since and a call to tell me about 2 weeks ago, that I should hear something soon.
    Then got a email with a contract last week, to start this week.

But I’m wondering, is it that it’s just to have people available/ready to start if needed.
    Work is not guaranteed

Does your contract state your working week i.e hours per week? I don't think it's to have people ready, I think you'll be working a roster for the duration of the specified purpose contract. Is it a HCA role?

• Advertisement

Miike wrote: »
    Does your contract state your working week i.e hours per week? I don't think it's to have people ready, I think you'll be working a roster for the duration of the specified purpose contract. Is it a HCA role?

It’s states 39 hours per week , but I explained in the very beginning , when I first applied that I can only do part time.
    This was fine with them.
    It was mentioned 2/3 times along the process over the last 2 months.
    So I was a little surprised, to get a full time contract. I’ve said again, that I would be unable to work them amount of hours.
    Contract for 3 months as a HCA.
    It’s a agency contract and I’ve been told to email them my rosters. But I don’t have any ,as of yet.

3 months would be up to about early or mid August
    Which would be near the date of Step 5 plan (August 10th) I think is the last phase

Have you applied ?

Also stated on contract , that work is not guaranteed each week.
    I guess it will all depend on how things go.
    Contract may finish up before the 3 months.

Advertisement