Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

They have, just not online. 490 if you phone them though and 500 from the driver so not the worst.

What do you mean by ‘from the driver’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

obi604 wrote: »

I would assume that would be paying the driver in cash rather than card over the phone.

The hassle of dealing in cash warrants a €10 fee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

obi604 wrote: »

When I moved to the area I was given the driver's phone number and used to call him to arrange delivery.after he delivered I'd ring the office and they'd take the card payment. Though, on Saturday he was at my neighbours house and had a chat over the fence where he told me the pricing and I'm pretty sure he'd have driven over and delivered if I'd asked him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

When I moved to the area I was given the driver's phone number and used to call him to arrange delivery.after he delivered I'd ring the office and they'd take the card payment. Though, on Saturday he was at my neighbours house and had a chat over the fence where he told me the pricing and I'm pretty sure he'd have driven over and delivered if I'd asked him there.

A good few drivers have personnel customers that they sell oil directly to. However it seems company specific. Know two one dose it with the company he is with other seems not to

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still 59 c a litre online for mayo
    So on the advice of a friend I rang them

49 cent a litre !!!!!!!!
    750 litres for 365 euro

I’ll never ever order online again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭CoBo55

km79 wrote: »

49 cent a litre !!!!!!!!
    750 litres for 365 euro

That's a huge difference. I'm going to start ringing in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I won't dare ask you what the price of that is like😀

I don't even want to think about it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

49 cent a litre !!!!!!!!
    750 litres for 365 euro

I've seen similar with a few suppliers in Dublin.. Price on cheapest oil is less than the companies own website and the price on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

44.9 for Kerosene in the fuel station nearesty home. In fairness they don't deliver. However 3, 25 litre drums. I'm in town at 4 times a week . Have thrown 400 litres into the tank in the last two weeks for €180.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was onto a company in North Kerry today. Charging 558/1000 and no plan on going lower for now.

I then spoke to the rep and mentioned that it seemed like a little cartel with no drop in 2 weeks. He didn't like the word :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

If you can hold off will end of april to order prices should have dropped nicely
    But on may 1st there will be an increase with the carbon tax increase of €6 per ton of carbon being applied.

Not sure what increase that will have on oil but on coal its an increase of 75c a 40kg bag,
    Briquettes will also be hit bad as bord na mona are adding an increase same day as carbon tax hits,
    It will add 30c to each bale,

There are rumours the tax might be postponed with current situation but notting confirmed as of yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

44.9 for Kerosene in the fuel station nearesty home. In fairness they don't deliver. However 3, 25 litre drums. I'm in town at 4 times a week . Have thrown 400 litres into the tank in the last two weeks for €180.

Whereabouts in the country is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

49 cent a litre !!!!!!!!
    750 litres for 365 euro

Where in Mayo did you get that price please?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

vickers209 wrote: »
    If you can hold off will end of april to order prices should have dropped nicely
    But on may 1st there will be an increase with the carbon tax increase of €6 per ton of carbon being applied.

Not sure what increase that will have on oil but on coal its an increase of 75c a 40kg bag,
    Briquettes will also be hit bad as bord na mona are adding an increase same day as carbon tax hits,
    It will add 30c to each bale,

There are rumours the tax might be postponed with current situation but notting confirmed as of yet,

There is no way they can introduce the carbon tax increase on 1 May - it would be a political disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Only wrote: »
    Where in Mayo did you get that price please?

I rang top oil free phone 1800 200308

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Villa05

There is no way they can introduce the carbon tax increase on 1 May - it would be a political disaster!

It's the perfect time to introduce it. With energy prices at record lows the tax won't be noticed that much.

Most people will be filling their tanks at current prices and will be insulated from price rises into next year

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I just ordered 1000 litres in Kilkenny for €520. My Dad in Cork got a 1000 litres a few weeks ago for €670.

I just ordered 1000 litres in Kilkenny for €520. My Dad in Cork got a 1000 litres in Cork a few weeks ago for €670.

540 now in Kerry. I'll wait a while more

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

I just ordered 1000 litres in Kilkenny for €520. My Dad in Cork got a 1000 litres in Cork a few weeks ago for €670.

Which company in Kilkenny did you get the quote from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I am waiting on €450 for 1000L to pull the trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Which company in Kilkenny did you get the quote from?

Campus oil, 1000 litres of kerosene. The quote was for €530 but they're doing a €10 voucher at the moment and it brought it down to €520. The code is SPRING.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I paid 57c a liter 2 weeks ago off Kelliher's and they haven't dropped their price since. I see the other two big suppliers in Kerry have dropped today.

Kellihers are a big enough company so when they do drop it should be near enough to the cheapest elsewhere in the country or else we are getting ripped off here in Kerry.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Tzardine wrote: »
    I am waiting on €450 for 1000L to pull the trigger.

same as that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Capitol oil 484/1000 litres in Kildare.

I'm near empty, so happy enough with that

I paid 57c a liter 2 weeks ago off Kelliher's and they haven't dropped their price since. I see the other two big suppliers in Kerry have dropped today.

Kellihers are a big enough company so when they do drop it should be near enough to the cheapest elsewhere in the country or else we are getting ripped off here in Kerry.

We're being ripped off. The Atlantic rep tried telling me they had delivery costs from Dublin to take into account.
    Couldn't account for west of Ireland suppliers also having those costs and being cheaper!

It was €570/€580 for 1000 litres of kerosene for a week or 2 in Kilkenny. It only dropped to €520/€530 here yesterday.

9935452 wrote: »
    Whereabouts in the country is that ?

Casey's Roscommon town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The boot is on the other foot for a change.:p

Cape Clear wrote: »
    The boot is on the other foot for a change.:p

No tourists to rip off, but can't kick the habit so ripping off each other instead.

• Advertisement

No tourists to rip off, but can't kick the habit so ripping off each other instead.

I'm only a blow in.id know nothing about that and kings Michael and Daniel ;)

Advertisement