Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Downhill

• 06-03-2020 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ blue note

I haven't seen a thread on this, so I'm guessing there's no excitement here about it. I see it's a remake of a Swedish film which I haven't seen (force majeure). And it's getting fairly crap reviews. But the names associated with it are great - the writers from the Descendents have written & directed and I like the look of the cast. And I think the trailer looks great.

I'm tempted to look at the original instead, but that sounds serious. Whereas this looks really funny which is more what I'm looking for. I do love skiing and was a beginner very recently, so I suspect I find the ski jokes extra funny.

Anyone else looking forward to this? Expecting anything good?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ johnny_ultimate

The original is great and very funny in a dark, deadpan way. All reports suggest this is hugely inferior so would definitely seek out the original first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭ Electric Nitwit

The original is great and very funny in a dark, deadpan way. All reports suggest this is hugely inferior so would definitely seek out the original first.

Agreed, I really liked the original and it is funny in that awkward style

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭ Electric Nitwit

You can currently watch it for free on the All4 app...

504766.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii

The original was really good not expecting much from this version at all looks like it's going to have a very different atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ benjy1000

Saw it last night.
    Pure dirt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement