Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an app for art house films?

Options
  • 05-03-2020 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an app where you can watch art house or independent films?

Looking at all the great films in the diff , won't get to them but would be great to see online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Not used it myself yet, but I've heard good things about the BFI player, might be worth checking out

https://www.justwatch.com/ie is good if you have something in particular in mind. Checks netflix and prime, plus the hire prices on Google, sky, rakuten etc

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Bfi player looks great! Thanks for that ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Mubi might be worh a look – https://mubi.com/

They have a curated rolling catalogue, with films expiring after ~30 days and new ones being added.

It's a pretty cool concept and there's almost always something worth watching.

€9.99/month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mubi is the only truly consistent streaming source for cool, interesting and niche films - new and old - available in Ireland.

Also check out Channel 4’s rotating selection of films on their on demand service. Usually a few interesting films on there.

If you want something specific, most films that get a commercial release can be rented on Google Play or the iTunes Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Esho

Yes, need a vpn for bfi, but it looks worth it.
    Mubi looks good.
    Never heard of Google Play, but I notice it's on my phone !
    Thanks all for these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Another vote for Mubi here.
    Also check out Curzon Home Cinema. Limited selection that rotates but often has a few arthouse films that are currently on cinema release.

Advertisement