Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion : Spring/Summer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Seen two cloud-to-cloud forks off to my SE from here in south Laois! Impressive. Sky is flickering from the east and south east - two different storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm outside most of today and it's warm enough to sleep, wish we had more nights like this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very cold cloud top from the cell coming from Cornwall, plenty of hail in that I'd imagine.

iXKQeiL.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Plenty of flashes to the South of Waterford City. A dead heat out there

Shower forming over Enniscorthy on the rain radar

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Deadly, I'm going to stay as long as safe ingarden tunes going

You have music going in the garden at nearly midnight? If you lived next door to me I'd shoot ya. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You have music going in the garden at nearly midnight? If you lived next door to me I'd shoot ya. lol

Well one. I didn't realize, and two I'm the punisher so I'm not so bothered, I do have some respect though I actually did turn it down... So same as listening off phone and not crazy loud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I'm about a mile away from tramore bay, rumbles getting closer and lightening getting brighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Distant flashes, faint rumbles, waterford city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Only thunder I can hear thus far in Waterford is coming from my rear end. Kebab was good though. Hoping to see a show tonight.

• Advertisement

Listening on their headphones, surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lighting to the south of Waterford, faint rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darragh13542

Any for Carrick on Shannon? I know there's a few showers expected at 3am

Quite a line developing from Waterford City to Bangor in North Wales all pushing slowly west-northwestwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Any for Carrick on Shannon? I know there's a few showers expected at 3am

Are there? Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Building quickly on this. https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

C'mon, fill in that 'ring of fire' now! :cool:

522854.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The size of that storm off Devon/ Cornwall, , will surly reach here ?

BSaIX7U.gif

gszGuki.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

could well be some fairly explosive action across Wexford/Waterford/Wicklow and perhaps parts of eastern Cork tonight if the storms don't die out.

If that Devon storm makes landfall here could it be a mini 1985 in the works for some lucky areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

North laois here looking east and cloud tops light up every 3 mins towards dub/wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Just heard a distant rumble there - D14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Really starting to fire up now..

The rainfall has been building and building over the last half hr! https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A couple of strikes have been detected east of Dublin. Maybe they will come further inland?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

I'm lying in a hammock in the garden on the Mizen peninsula - came out here to look for meteors but I can see plenty of flashes over the eastern horizon! No thunder (yet?).

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Starting to get epic off the Dunmore East coast: mostly sheet lightening but pretty sure I saw some fork lightening as well. Thunder still ‘far away’ thought: a bit surprising give the amount of flashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

ollie103 wrote: »
    Starting to get epic off the Dunmore East coast: mostly sheet lightening but pretty sure I saw some fork lightening as well. Thunder still ‘far away’ thought: a bit surprising give the amount of flashes.

There's a nice bit of fork here in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darragh13542

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Are there? Don't think so.
    Well thunderstorms may reach me tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

tramore cams are very poor, but we might get some views:

https://www.tramoresurfschool.com/surfreport/live-webcam.html

http://78tramore.home.dyndns.org/view/index.shtml

micks cam will probably be the best option tonight though:

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com/

Advertisement