Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They could use it as test to get a Parnell Pass - you have few generations back to prove your 'Dubness' :D

Aye, 3 generations!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

the posts above play into the " real dubs dont play GAA" sthick that was very prevalent pre-success..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Gael85

gourcuff wrote: »
    the posts above play into the " real dubs dont play GAA" sthick that was very prevalent pre-success..

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 18,419 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

gourcuff wrote: »

I suppose it is like every stereotype, which either does/did have a grain of truth in it.

Country lads coming up to the 'big schmoke' for work, were the 'garrison game was king'. And then being founders of new Dublin GAA clubs/or integral cogs in them as Dublin sprawled outwards. To give thier youngsters something to do. Bringing the games with them to Dublin.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

I suppose it is like every stereotype, which either does/did have a grain of truth in it.

Country lads coming up to the 'big schmoke' for work, were the 'garrison game was king'. And then being founders of new Dublin GAA clubs/or integral cogs in them as Dublin sprawled outwards. To give thier youngsters something to do. Bringing the games with them to Dublin.

The same can be said in reverse. No doubt that soccer was alot of Dubs chosen sport. But alot of families in Dublin were steeped in GAA.

It would be like turning around saying Tom Cronin relevance moving football from Dublin to the "Shticks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭blowitupref

A surprise to see Dublin starting with 13 of their All-Ireland final team for a NFL opener.

E1bKJYvX0AAjfmv?format=jpg&name=small

Rossies

E1bBmuZXsAUSQBa?format=jpg&name=small

A surprise to see Dublin starting with 13 of their All-Ireland final team for a NFL opener.

E1bKJYvX0AAjfmv?format=jpg&name=small

Rossies

E1bBmuZXsAUSQBa?format=jpg&name=small

Alot of teams will be using it as there provincial run ins. I'm not sure what the thinking behind the team selection, but maybe he will be looking to get it motoring earlier then just unleashing the beast when championship hits.

Lougho wrote: »
    Alot of teams will be using it as there provincial run ins. I'm not sure what the thinking behind the team selection, but maybe he will be looking to get it motoring earlier then just unleashing the beast when championship hits.

Sure they will need the run outs. As everyone knows Dublin had no chance to do any training at all. :D

I always like that Roscommon team, they have good way about them. Bit leaky in defence though.

What is the reason why is that fella Conor Cox starting for Roscommon? I remember one league game in Hyde Park he caused Dublin all sorts of trouble. They were unlucky to lose to Dublin.

Sure they will need the run outs. As everyone knows Dublin had no chance to do any training at all. :D

I always like that Roscommon team, they have good way about them. Bit leaky in defence though.

What is the reason why is that fella Conor Cox starting for Roscommon? I remember one league game in Hyde Park he caused Dublin all sorts of trouble. They were unlucky to lose to Dublin.

Ah Cox sure he should be down in Tralee the oul turncoat. He was a nailed on starter for Kerry Side in 13/14ish and traveled to oz. Now he's wearing 23 for the rossies.

Ah Cox sure he should be down in Tralee the oul turncoat. He was a nailed on starter for Kerry Side in 13/14ish and traveled to oz. Now he's wearing 23 for the rossies.

I still remember that league game he played against Dublin for the Rossies it was in the lashings of rain proper torrential stuff.

But he was able to either hold up the ball or spin off defenders as well. No bother to him. Basically seemed to be able to do it all.

• Advertisement

Kerry unlucky not to be further ahead. Galway look like they are handling an incendiary device.

Kerry unlucky not to be further ahead. Galway look like they are handling an incendiary device.

You need to get over to the long grass with comments like that.

Galway are gash though.

Galway are gash though.

HarHar.

I am expecting a Dublin Hurricane tomorrow afternoon. I may be biased but I feel we will be there again.

Galway are gash though.

Jayus I just looked at the score did not watch the match. Caught a bit of it online on Galway Bay FM and the commentator was going on about how pleased he was that a Galway fella is staying down to buy time 'using his experience'. As Galway were 1-7 to 0-2 points down sometime early enough in the first half. I turned it off then.

The final score is so bad I cannot even slag the Galway relations seemed like a non-event.

I noted that Dublin are playing Kerry in Thurles next on the 23rd. Obvious what all the build up talk to that will be.

20 years ago -

Maurice Fitz and his jammy slice, Vinny Murphy's shoulders, Darren Homan's power, and Dessie Farrell's miss.

I assume they staged it in Thurles for the bit of nostalgia?

Jayus I just looked at the score did not watch the match. Caught a bit of it online on Galway Bay FM and the commentator was going on about how pleased he was that a Galway fella is staying down to buy time 'using his experience'. As Galway were 1-7 to 0-2 points down sometime early enough in the first half. I turned it off then.

The final score is so bad I cannot even slag the Galway relations seemed like a non-event.

I noted that Dublin are playing Kerry in Thurles next on the 23rd. Obvious what all the build up talk to that will be.

20 years ago -

Maurice Fitz and his jammy slice, Vinny Murphy's shoulders, Darren Homan's power, and Dessie Farrell's miss.

Oft I didnt register that at all.

Oft I didnt register that at all.

First thing that jumped out at me 'Thurles' they were two great games. Great novelty factor to it as well. Hope this 'Third' Thurles - Dublin v Kerry installment will be as entertaining. With the right result this time!

20 years ago -

That f*#king point. As bad as Cooper's over the shoulder nonsense against Johnny Cooper. It's like Steve Davis hearing about that black!

Ref was trying to fix the flag to the pitch as he kicked it. Wind like a hurricane.

Ref was trying to fix the flag to the pitch as he kicked it. Wind like a hurricane.

"GrEaTeSt scORe oF aLL tIme"!

That f*#king point. As bad as Cooper's over the shoulder nonsense against Johnny Cooper. It's like Steve Davis hearing about that black!

Had a great view of it and all. 'He missed it, it's curling, he missed it, oh jayus he got it.'

In my head Cluxton repaid some of that in 2011, no curl, right over the black spot.

• Advertisement

"GrEaTeSt scORe oF aLL tIme"!

I produced a few of them in me heyday. A big high ball to the edge of the square from 45 yard line takes a gusty of wind and takes it from the top of the square over the bar. Hand aloft as meant.

Had a great view of it and all. 'He missed it, it's curling, he missed it, oh jayus he got it.'

In my head Cluxton repaid some of that in 2011, no curl, right over the black spot.

Had a great view of that! :)

Better point.

I produced a few of them in me heyday. A big high ball to the edge of the square from 45 yard line takes a gusty of wind and takes it from the top of the square over the bar. Hand aloft as meant.

Declan Darcy scored one in Parnell Park in a league game soon after that Kery game, can't remember who it was against.
    But I assume it was much better than that Maurice fella's one.

Declan Darcy scored one in Parnell Park in a league game soon after that Kery game, can't remember who it was against.
    But I assume it was much better than that Maurice fella's one.

Well, Stevie O'Neill scored the best point I've ever seen. Maurice in a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Good start to this anyway. Roscommon started fairly well actually Costello has been brilliant though and Dublin have settled now.

That goal chance for Roscommon was a big one to miss for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Good start to this anyway. Roscommon started fairly well actually Costello has been brilliant though and Dublin have settled now.

That goal chance for Roscommon was a big one to miss for them.

Is there a new rule for the pull back/down. Foul for penalty looked well outside the square

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is there a new rule for the pull back/down. Foul for penalty looked well outside the square

I've no idea to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thought that myself. Ref fcuked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is tackling illegal now?

So many frees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,049 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Referee getting wide to the Roscommon pulling and dragging of the Dublin players arms, looks like a rehearsed tactic... as is going over easy when tackled themselves ... dubs did get a break with the peno, should have been a free in instead.

Dubs having to do a hell of a lot more to get a free, as exampled there.

Advertisement