Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public or Private Care?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

My GP told me not to bother with semi-private as you're basically just giving the hospital money for the public standard of care so I personally didn't consider that as an option.

Just to clarify that this isn't really correct. I was semi-private in the Coombe. My booking in appointment at 12 weeks was in the public section but apart from that all my appointments were in the semi-private clinic which is in a different section. I was always in & out of appointments within about 30 minutes with hardly any wait time. It definitely is different to the public section. Also the post-natal wards are usually max 4 people (there were going to be 5 in mine if I'd stayed but that's only because they were doing up one of the other wards).

Advertisement