Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did not want to show the world the sadness in my eyes.

Options

Comments

Where are you getting this from? Are you certain it hasn't been investigated? Or even completely dealt with? Or even what jurisdiction it happened in?

No, you've no idea - all you have to go off is the same instagram screenshot as the rest of us but decide she's lying right off the bat.

No wonder women feel they can't report/say anything.

Absolutely agree with you. I am willing to believe it but at the same time it is so light on detail for such a grave crime that it just smells strange.

It's like "Yeah sorry I was living a low key life for a few years...yada yada.......i was drugged, raped and kidnapped.....yada yada....."

The way the message was conveyed was so casual and vague on the details for something so shocking is strange to me.

It would seem vague if you haven't read it. She stated in her post that she had a very long chat with a journalist who will be reporting the full story. She wasn't vague about that. :rolleyes: You keep on being skeptical though.

Fair enough. I am happy to change my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Too many people craving attention these days that why so many people are skeptical and rightly so.

She had attention, she was a chart topping singer. You think one day she decided "I don't want attention" and disappeared, then a few years later thought "Feck the singing for fame, I want rape fame"??? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

She had attention, she was a chart topping singer. You think one day she decided "I don't want attention" and disappeared, then a few years later thought "Feck the singing for fame, I want rape fame"??? :confused::confused:

There will be no end to the mental gymnastics that will be applied to automatically deciding that she, or anyone who reports rape - is a liar.

Absolutely agree with you. I am willing to believe it but at the same time it is so light on detail for such a grave crime that it just smells strange.

It's like "Yeah sorry I was living a low key life for a few years...yada yada.......i was drugged, raped and kidnapped.....yada yada....."

The way the message was conveyed was so casual and vague on the details for something so shocking is strange to me.

How much detail do you want, in a brief statement that actually says a journalist will be following with more detail?

Stop pretending you are trying to see it both ways, it's quite clear where you stand.

• Advertisement

God Love her it was an awful ordeal she went through. I just don't know why she posted about it on social media. Its probably because of the times we live in and also given she was in the public eye and then disappeared she wants to clarify. I don't know. I wish we lived in a world without Instagram and Facebook and whatever else there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Nobody is asking you to buy anything.

The bit in bold is perfect and it would have been a good post if you left it there. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

You assessing the sadness in her eyes is pure nonsense and cheapens what is (or should be) a fairly serious topic.

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.
    You seem like the type to believe any old cobblers, I hope you didn't donate to the dwarf kid in America. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

An Instagram post doesn't give much scope for detail. It's not a story you can tell in a few words and Instagram doesn't lend itself to a long detailed account. It could also be that she just wants to tell her story once, with the interview, and leave it at that. Telling and retelling a traumatic event is not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There will be no end to the mental gymnastics that will be applied to automatically deciding that she, or anyone who reports rape - is a liar.

Well, that’s not exactly true now, is it, T?

If the, alleged, perpetrator was black, Indian Asian, or an Arab I’m certain the veracity of her claim would not be under any scrutiny by these, so called, “disbelievers”.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You seem like the type to believe any old cobblers, I hope you didn't donate to the dwarf kid in America. :D

You seem like someone who reads half a story and has an opinion. Also, you spelt Australia wrong.

• Advertisement

Or the mental gymnastics that will be applied to automatically decide that any woman who reports a rape is telling the truth and should be believed even when there is no shred of evidence and the alleged rape happened decades ago. The message has become if a woman makes an accusation of rape we have to believe based on her gender that she is telling the truth and that the man accused is guilty based on his gender. Seriously fooked up way to want the world to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah, you haven't read my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

do you actively disbelieve her?

Vaguely.

Or the mental gymnastics that will be applied to automatically decide that any woman who reports a rape is telling the truth and should be believed even when there is no shred of evidence and the alleged rape happened decades ago. The message has become if a woman makes an accusation of rape we have to believe based on her gender that she is telling the truth and that the man accused is guilty based on his gender. Seriously fooked up way to want the world to go.

Yeah, it's all probably PC culture or snowflake libtards or something I guess.

How should someone report their rape to you?

You seem like someone who reads half a story and has an opinion. Also, you spelt Australia wrong.
    Sorry, some woman who hasn't been in the public spotlight for ages suddenly pops up with staged sad photos and long story short, says she was raped and stay tuned for further details and some people think it's genuine. Maybe it is maybe it isn't but I see it as cashing in. I've no doubt that you'll have other members of the moral outrage #ibelieveher brigade jump on the woke train to attack me but I just don't care. As for the lying dwarf kid and his Momager, yeah the real issue isn't the scam but that I got the country wrong. :rolleyes:

If the, alleged, perpetrator was black, Indian Asian, or an Arab I’m certain the veracity of her claim would not be under any scrutiny by these, so called, “disbelievers”.

Wait and see, she might implicate a muslim or something, flips will be flopping to beat the band then.

She didn't report it to that poster, she announced it to the world on Social Media.

I would see it exactly the same. An Instagram post isn't enough information to make a judgement, one way or the other, on something with such high stakes.

She didn't report it to that poster, she announced it to the world on Social Media.

In a way that didn't "smell right" to that poster. So I'm asking (that poster) how it should be reported such that it would "smell" right to them.

• Advertisement

Sorry, some woman who hasn't been in the public spotlight for ages suddenly pops up with staged sad photos and long story short, says she was raped and stay tuned for further details and some people think it's genuine. Maybe it is maybe it isn't but I see it as cashing in. I've no doubt that you'll have other members of the moral outrage #ibelieveher brigade jump on the woke train to attack me but I just don't care. As for the lying dwarf kid and his Momager, yeah the real issue isn't the scam but that I got the country wrong. :rolleyes:

Lol at the bit in bold. You don't have a clue one way or the other.

Neither do I have a clue one way or the other, but I'm not foolish enough to pretend to know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭This is it

Can't believe I read the entire thread. Will leave it at that, no good can come from posting how I'd describe a subset of posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

So you are sceptical that Duffy was raped & kidnapped, for no other reason than to give the 2 fingers to the woke brigade, but you believe the viral conspiracy theory about Quadan Bales being 18yrs old with no issues?
    That's quite an inconsistent approach to take.
    His mother posted his birth cert online to prove he is in fact 9, so its long been debunked anyway.
    Whatever about Duffy, directing that level of nastiness towards a child with a disability (or "lying dwarf kid", if you prefer) is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Some nasty cnts here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If true I'm not surprised she shrank away from public life or hasn't announced it with names,places and details of what happened. FFS she's recovering from a horrendous traumatic experience.
    We don't know if police are involved yet.
    If true she has , thankfully, recovered to a degree where she can make it public through a journalist, followed by a book and a mega selling comeback album, Grammy's etc.
    Ind if true no-one would begrudge her .
    We'll see but if it's bullsh1t it's the most audacious celebrity hoodwink ever attempted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Must have a new album coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ebbsy wrote: »
    Must have a new album coming out.

this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Christ almighty, the whiff of Edgelords is quite strong in this thread.

This is a perfect example of why a lot of women don't speak out about their ordeals to certain types of people. Having gone through a traumatic event, then taking time to heal, then finally being able to talk about, all to have people claim she is doing it for 'rape fame'.

People like that will find that women who have been the victim of similar events, won't talk to them about it... so it reinforces their mindset that sexual assaults against women are not that common. Essentially their own cold heartedness keeps them ill informed.

Back on Topic.
    Always wondered what happened to her, not a fan of her music. Hope those involved in the crimes where found guilty and charged appropriately. She seems to be in a better place now, and is trying to move on with her life. I honestly hope she can achieve this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

SusieBlue wrote: »
    So you are sceptical that Duffy was raped & kidnapped, for no other reason than to give the 2 fingers to the woke brigade, but you believe the viral conspiracy theory about Quadan Bales being 18yrs old with no issues?
    That's quite an inconsistent approach to take.
    His mother posted his birth cert online to prove he is in fact 9, so its long been debunked anyway.
    Whatever about Duffy, directing that level of nastiness towards a child with a disability (or "lying dwarf kid", if you prefer) is horrible.

1, it wasn't that people here though he was 18, it was that the whole video was a set-up by his momanger for clicks, disgusting woman using him like that but it wasn't her first time.

2, I haven't a clue on this one here, people are right to be sceptical though as it was released on Instagram, until more is released to substantiate the claims, IMO people are right to call it out and not be drowned out by the "aww I feel so sorry for her/him.

• Advertisement

They shouldn't. They should go to the police and give a statement in as much detail as possible.

I appreciate it would be traumatic but would argue it is better to tell the police who can refer you to counselling services, rather than a music magazine writer.

Advertisement