Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day/Night meter rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

Calculations done. On Energia tariff which was hard negotiated down to rather big discount. I’m getting about the cheapest power I can possibly get on this market.

Usage is relatively high.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Calculations done. On Energia tariff which was hard negotiated down to rather big discount. I’m getting about the cheapest power I can possibly get on this market.

Usage is relatively high.

Query about usage of PV solar inverter and ev. Currently inverter charging batteries at night rate, also car charging at night rate if needed or not around during daylight hours. Query should I not be charging batteries at night rate meter leave ut just to solar Pv during the summer months or continue as is? Also fitting a Willis heater to cylinder as it's a thermal store to take the excess power not used during the day diverted into the immersion. Pics below of solar generation and grid usage over a day.Any advice welcome. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Flickerfusion

Aim should be to use as much PV as possible, as it’s free, then night rate, then day rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi all
    Day 22215 CU 22901 CU= 686
    Night 6800 CU 7776 CU =976
    THese are my figues for the past 2 months.
    My bill was coming in at E234.87. I signed up with energia 4 months ago however called them several times as my bill was not reflecting the correct tarriff we agreed via phone ie 6c night rate and 12c day rate.
    Any suggestions?
    Have a EV and try adn use tumble dryer etc at night.
    Many thanks

Advertisement