Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spin-offs that surpass the original

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Xena over Hercules.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Young Sheldon easily tops TBBT, especially its later series'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Whatever happened to the likely lads

better than the likely lads original.

70's show for those that don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Everyone in the cast is great even guest stars

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Everyone in the cast is great even guest stars
    Wallace Shawn is my favourite, and Meemaw of course.

• Advertisement

The Good Fight > The Good Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Pearson was looking to be better than Suits. I loved the way it was going dark, political and brilliant acting. Cancelled after one season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭antimatterx

piplip87 wrote: »
    Pearson was looking to be better than Suits. I loved the way it was going dark, political and brilliant acting. Cancelled after one season though.

Pearson was awful imo. I'm a suits addict, and I don't like how Pearson turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

100% agree with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Frasier, Angel, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Law & Order: SVU being superior to the shows they spun off from (despite all being great in their own right too)

Gonna throw The Originals in the mix. Working my way through both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals on Netflix at the moment, and The Originals is just fantastic, which is no surprise considering The Vampire Diaries was at its best when The Originals characters were involved prior to spinning off to their own series.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

100% agree with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Frasier, Angel, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Law & Order: SVU being superior to the shows they spun off from (despite all being great in their own right too)

Gonna throw The Originals in the mix. Working my way through both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals on Netflix at the moment, and The Originals is just fantastic, which is no surprise considering The Vampire Diaries was at its best when The Originals characters were involved prior to spinning off to their own series.

I agree, way better brothers dynamic and chemistry

th?id=OIP.mZsiZmzHhmEZkR5gTNYSLwHaE8&pid=Api&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=182&h=121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I clicked into this thread to say Frasier.

I find Law and Order: SVU much more compelling than Law and Order, though often the plots and procedure can be silly.

Theme tune is better with the original though, including the chimes at the start of each section - worth watching for that alone.

Advertisement