Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greatest Ever Live Musical Performance...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Who remembers when beck brought the midnite vultures tour to the fairyhouse racecourse. Big fun, was like a white jewish james brown busting out all over the set

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Who remembers when beck brought the midnite vultures tour to the fairyhouse racecourse. Big fun, was like a white jewish james brown busting out all over the set

Thought he was a Scientologist?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Thought he was a Scientologist?

Don’t know what he is. And man thing on the keyboards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

This. Everyday this.

If you're not familiar with STP and the late Scott Weiland do yourself a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I said it before and I'll say it again, Iggy Pop & the Stooges at Electric Picnic 2007. There is no clips from this gig but the next best thing is their performance from Glastonbury from the same year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Please give me your opinion on something.
    However if your opinion is not similar to mine then don’t bother posting as I just want my own opinion reaffirmed

https://youtu.be/In4fw0-4Zrs

im no huge folk fan

and andy irvines voice isnt for everyone

but what these four men make happen on the late late (in black and white!) is absolutely sensational

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Gallagher was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Prince George Harrison tribute

Where'd the guitar go

Close thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ipso wrote: »
    MTV had a concert with David Bowie back in the mid to late 90’s, he done a great version of All the Young Dudes.

He wrote that song himself....but it was a hit for "Mott The Hoople in 1972

Great song...great performance by Bowie

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I once saw an all-female Japanese band called The ZZZs in concert who were excellent. Sadly, they seem to have disappeared.

For everybody interested in music, check out this thing I'm running. I need contributions to make it happen.

Boardsies decide greatest music album of all-time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

My first answer would have been the Prince half time Superbowl show as well, but that's been said. So...

I found Pink Floyd Live8 set (above) in 2005 to be really moving at the time and on any rewatch. Whenever those Gilmour solo's reach their peak, I get just a bit choked up. It just seems such a waste that these guys have spent decades not talking, when that band was clearly meant to be!

Also, given the limited time to agree a reunion set and practice it..it's a really good performance. See Led Zep in Live Aid as an example of how this can go badly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Guns n Roses Live at the Ritz 1988

• Registered Users Posts: 67,506 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Van Morrison's double live album Too Late To Stop Now. Never surpassed.

druss wrote: »
    My first answer would have been the Prince half time Superbowl show as well, but that's been said. So...

I found Pink Floyd Live8 set (above) in 2005 to be really moving at the time and on any rewatch. Whenever those Gilmour solo's reach their peak, I get just a bit choked up. It just seems such a waste that these guys have spent decades not talking, when that band was clearly meant to be!

Also, given the limited time to agree a reunion set and practice it..it's a really good performance. See Led Zep in Live Aid as an example of how this can go badly wrong.

Was only watching some of that again last night. I always hated Money but they do some job on Comfortably Numb at the end. Was class seeing them together at the time and sounding so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Was only watching some of that again last night. I always hated Money but they do some job on Comfortably Numb at the end. Was class seeing them together at the time and sounding so good.

Not a huge fan of "Money" either, but I can see the logic of playing it at that show. And it is redeemed by the solo. :)

I also agree with Gilmour refusing to play "Another Brick in the Wall" at Live8. Wrong message for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This Rage Against The Machine gig looks like it was an amazing experience judging by this song.

And this song in Vicar Street from a great funk band called Vulfpeck. The crowd make it and I would have loved to have been there.

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    And this song in Vicar Street from a great funk band called Vulfpeck. The crowd make it and I would have loved to have been there.

That’s such a brilliant song, probably their best. Great version of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Xwebstar2

Everyone forgetting Queen at live aid

Johnny cash at San Quentin singing Jackson with his wife

Can someone put this link up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Guns n Roses, Freddie Mercury tribute, Wembley, April 1992. Knockin on Heaven's Door

https://youtu.be/qFX_gmELnNE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Springsteen’s live at the Hammersmith Odean ‘75 is a cracking performance.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9S-JVKw0mE&ved=2ahUKEwiQrbW7itfnAhVOXRUIHe6tCPEQwqsBMAB6BAgHEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1V-A4E-jRIm3q9ztqTwNKU

It might have been posted already but Rage Against the Machine at Woodstock 99.
    Just to put it in context. 100*+ heat. No shade and the only water was from tents/shops for rip off £££ . Things got heated. Then they put on RaTM ? Singing fcuk you I won't do what you tell me , with fire on the stage ? It was only going to end in a riot.
    Somewhere there might be video of a skinny Irish lad swinging like Tarzan over a fire .
    from a speaker pole.
    Edit. It might not have been a musical masterclass but on sheer power of effect it on on the crowd it was definitely memorable. If that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I saw the Beastie Boys live once. That was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,620 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Also, I hope that at some stage in the future Oasis live at Knebworth will be released on DVD/download.

Have heard the Knebworth gig was something else but so is their 2 sold out dates at Maine Road in 1994. Fantastic concert as they were in the height of their pomp at that point and playing 2 nights in their hometown and the stadium of the football team they support. Love everything about that gig even the flecky tracksuits Liam and Noel are wearing. Crowd goes wild for the Swamp Song opener and stays that way for the entire gig

https://youtu.be/J9URZfqYf2o

long train runnin live in 1981 from the doobie brothers- off the top of my head, two (possibly three) different sets of drums/percussion, extra solos on two instruments and at least two band members performing different roles than they did on the original recording

and it is absolutely filthy good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Tiny venue, but they gave it 110%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Advertisement