Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CH or LIM bull

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Dozer1 wrote: »
    well left out both bulls today along with autumn calvers, the LM has recovered a good bit but he's lost alot of his power doubt he'll work in the short to medium term.

Let the CH off with a lame cow here by the house, after a week in a good bedded shed where he only got up to eat or drink he was much improved still a bad limp but nothing like what it was.
    He's bearing weight on the leg but has no real control over it....only problem is now I'll be staring out the window at him for the next few weeks swearing at him

How are the bulls doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Cheers for asking lad,

Well the LM still looks like an extra in Braveheart...hairy and covered in sh*te and don't see him doing anything

The CH has turned the corner remarkably and is in top form with the cow on his own, letting him off next week with be the test as a few cows bulling already.

fingers crossed etc

What happened the Lim? I know the Ch jumped a gate in the shed to get at cows. Hopefully both fully recover - the Ch is a fine animal.

The LM has really soft hooves so when he bulled the 3 cows he served I'm guessing he slipped and hurt his back trying to mind his feet. He can't lift his tail so is constantly dirty. Next time vet is here I'll ask about removing it to tidy him up. He walks awkwardly now as a result.

Fingers crossed. Let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement

Let him off yesterday evening at least one bulled anyway and still walking ok

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the improvement continues - and also with the Lim.

Advertisement