Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on the selection of a 2nd subject

Options
  • 12-02-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭

Currently doing some casual substitute teaching under the Route 3 Further Education option. My degree is in History but I do not have a 2nd subject (although I have an MA in Archaeology). I am enjoying the subbing immensely and hoping to return in either Sept 20/Sept 21 to complete the PDE. Will be juggling this with work, family etc but I enjoy a workload and believe I will be able for it. I understand the difficulties in obtaining work, however I would be happy to sub.

What I'm having a bit of difficulty with is the selection (and process/study involved) of a second subject as I only currently have a degree in one subject.
    Does the alternative study of a 2nd subject (for example Geography) have to be done/completed prior to beginning a PDE or can this be done concurrent? Online options? Does possible work experience allow that subject to be taken on without study?

Also, it has been suggested to me that I should look to newer subjects that may be introduced (politics etc).

Could anyone assist me with any information, guidance or suggestions when you can spare a moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zero_

a language - Irish or Spanish. Loads of Hist/Geo/Eng combos.

Advertisement