Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duo Prop - Repair or replace?

Options
  • 10-02-2020 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi chaps,

Looking some opinions on my props please. Had my first visit to my boat since my yard lifted it out for the season.

It was a new purchase last year and this was the first time I've seen it out of the water myself, and had hoped if I got away with just the anodes needing changed I'd be doing well.

Alas it wasn't meant to be and I got a surprise and noticed the damage to my props. It looks like I've rope remnants in between the two props and whatever was attached to it may have done the damage. There's three sections in need of attention as far as I can make out.

I'd prefer to repair if possible but if I have to get another set so be it, so I thought who better to ask than the combined wisdom of boards on whether these can be salvaged.

It's a Penta DP-D drive, and aluminium props I think. It's based on Lower Lough Erne as well so would be grateful for any recommendations of repairs/replacements close to home if possible. Thanks guys

k9evPcmh.jpg
    EpEubBPh.jpg
    QWmHcSLh.jpg
    tDy5cCvh.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ouch some big chunks missing there, for repair I'd say try these https://www.leitrimmarinepropellers.com/ but as they are aluminium the cost of replacement might not be much in the difference of new ones so give these a call https://www.podmarine.com/ and see what the difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Thanks Fergal, I'll give those two a try.

It's my own fault, I blighted myself. I was saying to my other half last week that our boat fund (we put a set amount into an ISA every month to cover fees, fuel etc) was looking healthy again....I should've kept my mouth shut!

Advertisement