Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Duo Prop - Repair or replace?

Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ irishejit

Hi chaps,

Looking some opinions on my props please. Had my first visit to my boat since my yard lifted it out for the season.

It was a new purchase last year and this was the first time I've seen it out of the water myself, and had hoped if I got away with just the anodes needing changed I'd be doing well.

Alas it wasn't meant to be and I got a surprise and noticed the damage to my props. It looks like I've rope remnants in between the two props and whatever was attached to it may have done the damage. There's three sections in need of attention as far as I can make out.

I'd prefer to repair if possible but if I have to get another set so be it, so I thought who better to ask than the combined wisdom of boards on whether these can be salvaged.

It's a Penta DP-D drive, and aluminium props I think. It's based on Lower Lough Erne as well so would be grateful for any recommendations of repairs/replacements close to home if possible. Thanks guys

k9evPcmh.jpg
    EpEubBPh.jpg
    QWmHcSLh.jpg
    tDy5cCvh.jpg

Comments

Advertisement