Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online passport renewal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scamh

I lost a couple passports about 4 years ago. They said it had to be manually checked because of that. even though they issued me a 2 year passport most previously, and that expired.

They said that my travel date was attached on the application and that they hope it'll get to me before that. They also can't guarantee anything.

Stressed isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

@scamh did ye make it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scamh

Absolutely hounded them monday and tuesday, slipped in the letter box on wednesday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Renewed book and card on Sunday. Book arrived yesterday, card arrived today. Very impressed with the service to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I ordered book and card on Sunday 8th, to Europe. Book arrived on the 17th, and card on the 19th. The slowest part was shipping it. Otherwise, the order was ready by the end of the 10th and would have been with me 11/12th if I were in Ireland.

Can we get whoever runs this service to consult on a bunch of other services in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭ratracer

Hi guys,

For those that recently applied online for pp renewal, when you checked the online tracker, did it give an accurate delivery date?

Ive applied to renew my sons, but it’s showing a 9 week delivery date. Travelling in 8 weeks so panicking a bit! Will try get in contact with pp office tomorrow to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

Dates are random-they do not necessarily match the actual delivery date.9 weeks seems long so worth your while to contact pp office

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That tracker is an absolute waste of time. They really should not give a progress bar when it does not relate in any way, shape or form to the steps they complete in the process, the date is plucked from the air. Anyway I'm currently on hold trying to get some movement on the baby's passport which I had to resubmit the witness form for - they said the original witness was "uncontactable" (which I think translates to "we don't know how to call a UK number" as she has no missed calls!). We started the online app in May and only a few weeks ago they started processing. The current pie in the sky date is 26/10/21 - I need it for next Friday or only half of us will be at the brothers wedding!

In positive news more directly related to this thread, the wife's renewal went through without a hitch and was delivered to our UK address while we were on holiday so I can't say how quick it was but I am utterly shocked at the efficiency - good shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I think then Passport office is well able to ring UK number, european numbers, USA number etc. They've been doing it for years

Very easy for someone to miss a call especially if they are on another call. Or maybe the number entered was incorrect. Or maybe your witness is just saying that.

Advertisement