Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais offer - One Big Switch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I changed my mind with the Hive offer and one big switch, so I called Bord Gais to cancel, they said fine we will send it off to one big switch.
    Low and behold I got a welcome email and a code for the Hive a couple of weeks later, which I dont want. Not happy.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I rang bord gais to ask if joining this means I'm locked into a year at the initially quoted unit price. The woman I spoke to said no, it'll be 10% off their normal rate so if prices drop it'll be 10% off the dropped rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Yeah mine is up on the 10th April I’m wondering will there be a drop at moment seems Iberdrola coming in the cheapest on dual offer at moment

Bord gais is alright they have Tesco club card points but there annual standing charge is high enough, energia,s is one of the highest

Do these companies comeback to you just before u leave

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Sure Thing wrote: »
    They won't increase the offer until they get notification through from another supplier that you are changing.
    Once they receive that they will then come back to you to improve your terms. Within 4 days of the 14 day cool off ending they sent offer of a free Google Home plus 35% off. So switch now to someone else, takes just a minute or two online. And then hold off til the last few days before contacting Energia

Quick update. So finally after switching on switcher.ie, couple of days later energia contact me with the 35% offer plus boiler service. Went ahead with that. They offered me 30% first on the call, and I told them I knew a friend that was offered 35% before they actually gave me that discount.

Great if people could post similar experiences here so there’s full transparency around how the utilities companies are playing a negotiation game with their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Gerard93

Quick update. So finally after switching on switcher.ie, couple of days later energia contact me with the 35% offer plus boiler service. Went ahead with that. They offered me 30% first on the call, and I told them I knew a friend that was offered 35% before they actually gave me that discount.

Great if people could post similar experiences here so there’s full transparency around how the utilities companies are playing a negotiation game with their customers.

After the discount what the Unit & standing charge rate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Gerard93 wrote: »
    After the discount what the Unit & standing charge rate ?

Electricity Rate: 0.1474 (inc VAT)
    Electricity Standard Charge: 181.28 (inc VAT)

Gas Rate: 0.0461 (inc VAT)
    Gas Standard Charge: 110.93 (inc VAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Electricity Rate: 0.1474 (inc VAT)
    Electricity Standard Charge: 181.28 (inc VAT)

Gas Rate: 0.0461 (inc VAT)
    Gas Standard Charge: 110.93 (inc VAT)
    Are the standing charges generally per annum or per bill?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Esel wrote: »
    Are the standing charges generally per annum or per bill?

They usually charge you per day from the last bill to the day your current bill is issued (as it's not always a set number of days in a month).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Great if people could post similar experiences here so there’s full transparencyI just around how the utilities companies are playing a negotiation game with their customers.

Did u Contact them before or at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Am I missing something.

OBS is €53 more expensive that GlowPower and set from hive.
    4200 KWH per year.

Inc: Hub + 2 x Smart Bulbs + Motion sensor + Active Plug Collectively valued at up to €159

Bord Gais estimated annual bill^ - inc VAT €1003

GlowPower Special Simple Rate €791.04

That's €212 difference.

Hive set €159.

Cost over GlowPower €212 - €159 = + €53

https://onebigswitch.ie/offers/energy?utm_campaign=energy_multi&utm_content=200501&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email_obsie&utm_term=cta1

https://switcher.ie/gas-electricity/comparison/glowpower-special-simple-rate-electricity-twenty-four-hour-urban-direct-debit-online/?years=1

https://www.hivehome.com/ie/plans/hive-starter-pack/buy

• Advertisement
Advertisement