Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning about investing in Ireland

Options
  • 04-02-2020 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Most of my knowledge is on uk investing as I used to live there, seems we have it really bad here compared to the uk, a 20k isa and 12k CGT tax allowance there compared to a 1.2k CGT allowance here? Jaysus.

Anyway I want to improve my knowledge, apart from here are there any good resources people can recommend to do that? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Most of my knowledge is on uk investing as I used to live there, seems we have it really bad here compared to the uk, a 20k isa and 12k CGT tax allowance there compared to a 1.2k CGT allowance here? Jaysus.

Anyway I want to improve my knowledge, apart from here are there any good resources people can recommend to do that? thanks.

We have an extremely draconian left wing approach that penalizes investment. Your best bet is to read as much as you can here and on the askaboutmoney site too. Look into UK investment trusts. Not much else I can say really.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

We have an extremely draconian left wing approach that penalizes investment. Your best bet is to read as much as you can here and on the askaboutmoney site too. Look into UK investment trusts. Not much else I can say really.

Will look at the site, appreciate the reply, cheers.

Advertisement