Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it was his "God given right" to sail on the River Liffey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

buried wrote: »
    For sailors? I think the requirement is to be as drunk as you possibly can be.

Very narrow reading of things by the authorities. These historical re-enactment actors were recreating the Exxon Valdez, in the shadow of the Esso terminal, for the cosmopolitan pleasure of the early morning East Link commuting yacht types. Ideally, the drinking is best concentrated on while you cede the controls to a complete newbie.
    The stripping naked was probably re-enacting Castaway.
    We complain that we don't make enough use of the river and here we have highly crafted entertainment, and we were robbed of the high impact final scene....

More of this debauchery I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Pity they pixilated it.

Fnar...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

In fairness, that will be a legend tier story when they are free to tell it again.. did I ever tell you about that time I screwed up an entire harbour, told the guards to **** off and then got bollock naked on the quay while they arrested me?

Only way it could be better is if he was shouting about 'democracy manifest' or his limp penis while they pushed him into the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

In fairness, that will be a legend tier story when they are free to tell it again.. did I ever tell you about that time I screwed up an entire harbour, told the guards to **** off and then got bollock naked on the quay while they arrested me?

Only way it could be better is if he was shouting about 'democracy manifest' or his limp penis while they pushed him into the car

An even better story will be when he tells of when he stripped naked in Mountjoy during his sentence...;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ipso wrote: »
    Freeman on the land!
    Here's the thing.

It works the opposite way in international waters.

If you commit an act of piracy on the high seas then any country can apply their justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

BattleCorp wrote: »
    One of the jobs involved operating the projector in the cinema for the Bishop. The Bishop used to watch every film that was to be played there and decide if it was appropriate. He had a bell and would ring it whenever he saw a scene that he wanted cut out of a film. My Dad's mate would do the cutting. It really was a mad world. :D

Your dad's mate was in Cinema Paradiso it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,548 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The case isn't over.

Both men immediately lodged an appeal and were released pending an appeal to the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

washman3 wrote: »
    An even better story will be when he tells of when he stripped naked in Mountjoy during his sentence...;)

Sorry whats the joke there ?

Advertisement