Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Caught speeding

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,683 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

Wishox wrote: »
    How would we know about if its his personal phone or an issued one ? should he declare that and explain what he is doing, not being smart about it , i got caught cool, But seriously interested in it as i have never seen it used before. As far as i know know you are entitled to show them the licience details under the law, but what if i said no, you can see it but cannot tqke a photo, im not sure if i would be breaking the law if i didnt let him take a photo.

Try it and honestly it may not go well tone honest.

Sometimes better off saying nothing or not having it but then that can cause a problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭ Wishox

Try it and honestly it may not go well tone honest.

Sometimes better off saying nothing or not having it but then that can cause a problem too.

I honestly think it’s worth a question in court, New from the guards does not mean legal, Again I’ll take the rap but will ask , I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks a lot for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,683 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

I honestly think it’s worth a question in court, New from the guards does not mean legal, Again I’ll take the rap but will ask , I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks a lot for the responses.

I've been brought through the court system and falsely so....

Garda took other side and pushed with it, it cost a fortune to protect myself and have it sorted.

So don't for one second think I'm all for them or the guberment but pick your battle well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,787 ✭✭✭✭ Larbre34

Oh I daresay the nGearrrrdaí may be little, shall we say, distracted for about, ummm lets say, the next 2 years.

If I got a penalty points notice this week, I'd add it to the pile of emergency standby bog paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ Lmklad

The whole “you can see but not touch” has been done in court. You can google it, a garda is entitled to examine the license.

As for the phone, Gardai stopped using their own phones to record data a long time ago as that phone becomes discoverable in court. Their new work phones are the equivalent of the notebook and are discoverable in court so there isn’t really a point to argue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ Andrewf20

What’s bizarre? He either got caught, in which case he’ll be receiving a fine, or he didn’t. Why does it matter how long the letter will take?

The implication for insurance quotes could make it important info to have, especially if money is already tight.

Advertisement