Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West classified as 'region in decline' by EU

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

County councils, the poor planning culture that exists in Ireland, and I suppose the fact that everyone wants to live in a big house on a big piece of land away from other houses is to blame too
    i know quite a few people who get excited at the prospect of buying a ride on lawnmower. the notion of needing or wanting to own one would fill me with dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭snotboogie

i know quite a few people who get excited at the prospect of buying a ride on lawnmower. the notion of needing or wanting to own one would fill me with dread.

Just heard a guy on the radio, living in "de country 10 minutes outside Ballincollig" (his own words) incredulous that people actually living in Ballincollig were getting preference for school places in the town over his child. "No joined up thinking" was his conclusion. So he doesn't want to live in the town (as he called it, it's actually a suburb) but wants all the benefits from there, and no doubt from Cork City too, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

snotboogie wrote: »
    Just heard a guy on the radio, living in "de country 10 minutes outside Ballincollig" (his own words) incredulous that people actually living in Ballincollig were getting preference for school places in the town over his child. "No joined up thinking" was his conclusion. So he doesn't want to live in the town (as he called it, it's actually a suburb) but wants all the benefits from there, and no doubt from Cork City too, anyway.
    It goes with a certain attitude.

"If the Council gave me planning permission in 1998, they were simultaneously making an eternal commitment on behalf of the Irish people to provide me with any service I should ever need."

And you're right. That guy is the one lacking the joined up thinking.

Advertisement