Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netting for homemade driving range

• 21-01-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

I have a pile of netting that I used for a home made driving range of sorts about a year ago. There’s a fair pile of netting in it, never used most of it, just put it up between the gable of the house and boundary wall and smashed balls at it. If you wanted to be creative you could easily make an enclosed full sized driving range bay. If anybody’s interested pm me, 50 quid delivered. It’s basically a long length of boundary netting roughly 25ft by 15ft but can be stretched to more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

Dr Devious wrote: »
    I have a pile of netting that I used for a home made driving range of sorts about a year ago. There’s a fair pile of netting in it, never used most of it, just put it up between the gable of the house and boundary wall and smashed balls at it. If you wanted to be creative you could easily make an enclosed full sized driving range bay. If anybody’s interested pm me, 50 quid delivered. It’s basically a long length of boundary netting roughly 25ft by 15ft but can be stretched to more.
    I would love to take you up on your offer but I fear it would be a marriage breaker;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is it one long length of 25 x 15 or is it in pieces?

I'd be interested if its one long length....marriage be-damned!

Also what sort of netting is it? Do you have any issues with balls escaping or do you need to double-up, etc?

I had some issues with an old fishing net before that cost me a window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭Glebee

I was looking at a clip on social media last week of a back gargen set up. It looked great and he seemed to have all areas well protected. What ever way he hit his drive he completely skyed it and all you heard after about 4 seconds was a smash of a window breaking from down the road... No amount of netting would make some of my shots safe:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

It’s sold and it was in one length.

Advertisement