Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Ireland : implementation and progress

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 micksey1969

East Carlow Tullow side gone up by 1 month October 2021 - January 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Mine moved aswell from july 21 to sept21
    To dec 21 to Jan 22 such a balls as there was working going on in the area.
    Mayo area

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyblaeus

The wider Monaghan Town area has moved from July - September 2021 to August - September 2021 so still broadly on track. Most by-roads at this stage have new lines on eir poles and DP’s installed.

Also for the first time I seen an NBI branded manhole cover. Hopefully the first of many!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

No move on our date thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Well feck it!!! East cork area, I had been showing Nov 2021 to jan2022, now showing feb 2022 to may 2022.

This is the second time we have been pushed out by 6 to 8 months, so we are now nearly 18 months past the initial predicted date.

• Advertisement

I pinged NBI via twitter and asked them about the new updates to the timelines.

Received this standard response "Given ongoing challenges relating to Covid, NBI now expects to pass between 50,000 and 60,000 premises by the end of 2021, with construction in a number of other deployment areas well developed at that stage. NBI has committed to a seven year timeline for the deployment of the infrastructure that will underpin the National Broadband Plan; and we are committed to deploying the infrastructure within the planned timeframe."

Seven years. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Seven years. FFS

That's the original time line set out for the c. 550k premises in the intervention area, as announced at the end of 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Seven years. FFS

Theres been talk (for over a year now) of accelerating the plan so premises in year 6 and 7 will be brought forward to have everything completed within 5 years.

Doesnt look likely now.

Plus even when they keep saying 7 years, this program officially began in Jan 2020? So 6 left...with acceleration 4 years left. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Co Louth here along the L1143
    The provisional dates WERE Jan 23 to Dec 23
    Checked just now August 21 -October 21
    Tell me guys... should I be excited?
    Should I be ordering a new Smart TV?😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Steve F wrote: »
    Should I be ordering a new Smart TV?��

Have you seen any work being done on the road in the last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

My eircodes been updated from survey planned to survey underway. Shows a date of July to Dec 2022. Some progress

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭EarWig

My eircodes been updated from survey planned to survey underway. Shows a date of July to Dec 2022. Some progress
    And is the email alert system working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

EarWig wrote: »

No email (yet) for a push out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Should I be ordering a new Smart TV?��

Have you seen any work being done on the road in the last year?

There was a "flurry" of work there a few weeks ago...dug a hole outside our gate, they said there was a fault in the cable....few days later strung fibre overhead down an adjoining road to a pole near our house.

Nailed galv metal trunking to all poles on our road...black tubing coming out of ground and coiled up and tied to pole outside house.....however no work over last 2-3 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

EarWig wrote: »

Nope. At no stage have I got an email from them. Been just randomly inputting my eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

The rollout page dates have changed to reflect the new Eircode dates:
    https://nbi.ie/rollout-plan/

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭NBAiii

The rollout page dates have changed to reflect the new Eircode dates:
    https://nbi.ie/rollout-plan/

It was probably to be expected given the recent news about progress but it is yet another blow to those waiting. Of the current "Network Build In Progress" deployment areas the following anticipated dates remain unchanged:

Cavan, Carrigaline, Galway, Ballinasloe, Limerick, Tralee, Monaghan and Dundalk.

Ever other DA has been pushed back, the majority of them getting an extra three month delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

NBAiii wrote: »

Ever other DA has been pushed back, the majority of them getting an extra three month delay.

How do I find out which DA I am in?

Living in Fedamore in Co Limerick and our expected connection date was in line with the rest of the Limerick/Clare deployment area.

Then when the DA went to available to preorder, we were pushed back to July 22 to December 22

Now when I check my eircide it says survey planned and there is no estimated date. On their rollout page though, the only places that are at the survey planned stage are in Donegal and Mayo

Is it possible that we have been forgotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Donutz wrote: »
    Living in Fedamore in Co Limerick and our expected connection date was in line with the rest of the Limerick/Clare deployment area.

Then when the DA went to available to preorder, we were pushed back to July 22 to December 22

Adare DA, July 2022 – December 2022?

https://nbi.ie/adare-townlands/

The Cush wrote: »
    Adare DA, July 2022 – December 2022?

https://nbi.ie/adare-townlands/

Our townland isn't mentioned anywhere on the nbi website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Once the DA survey is completed all townlands will be included and ordered alphabetically.

Was your townland included in the original Dept NBP list? Had to get my townland added back in 2017. Won't matter if it wasn't there as the survey will catch all the townlands.

The Cush wrote: »
    Once the DA survey is completed all townlands will be included and ordered alphabetically.

Was your townland included in the original Dept NBP list? Had to get my townland added back in 2017. Won't matter if it wasn't there as the survey will catch all the townlands.

I thought it was included but it wasn't. There was a townland of the same name in Co Clare that I mistook for our townland in Limerick.

The rest of the DA is down as surveying underway but my area is saying premises pending survey. Hope that isn't a bad sign.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mun1

Most of cloughadoolarty North and Loughlinstown are in pre order, then it is build in progress for ballingarde.(sept-oct 21 connection date)
    There are isolated pockets up towards fedamore village (and at the GAA side of the village) that seem to be in no mans land as they are surrounded by eir fibre areas
    I’m in cloghadoolarty north and there are 42 houses in this batch which are in pre order and i am being told it will be connected in July.

mun1 wrote: »
    Most of cloughadoolarty North and Loughlinstown are in pre order, then it is build in progress for ballingarde.(sept-oct 21 connection date)
    There are isolated pockets up towards fedamore village (and at the GAA side of the village) that seem to be in no mans land as they are surrounded by eir fibre areas
    I’m in cloghadoolarty north and there are 42 houses in this batch which are in pre order and i am being told it will be connected in July.

I'm living in Castlequarter in Fedamore village. When Eir built their FTTH network, for some reason they never bothered bringing it into our estate. As far as I know most of the rest of the village is covered apart from a few houses.

I have a bad feeling that because all the surrounding areas have fast broadband we are gonna be forgotten about and will probably be one of the last areas in the country to get connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Four nbi vans down my little boreen today outside oranmore in Galway. Things are looking good for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mun1

I'm living in Castlequarter in Fedamore village. When Eir built their FTTH network, for some reason they never bothered bringing it into our estate. As far as I know most of the rest of the village is covered apart from a few houses.

I have a bad feeling that because all the surrounding areas have fast broadband we are gonna be forgotten about and will probably be one of the last areas in the country to get connected.

I’d say you’re right as NBI will be focused on rolling out their own network firstly and picking up homes along the way for the next 2 years at least.
    They might come to some fibre/bandwidth lease arrangement with eir for the isolated case, such as yours.
    Imagine network any good to you for a couple of years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Four nbi vans down my little boreen today outside oranmore in Galway. Things are looking good for next month.

Didn't realise they worked on a Saturday, that's a really good sign!

mun1 wrote: »
    I’d say you’re right as NBI will be focused on rolling out their own network firstly and picking up homes along the way for the next 2 years at least.
    They might come to some fibre/bandwidth lease arrangement with eir for the isolated case, such as yours.
    Imagine network any good to you for a couple of years ?

I've considered Imagine before but I have heard so many mixed reviews about them. Seems to be very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭clohamon

Townlands that have either no premises or are already allegedly 100% covered by commercial (wireline) providers to NBP standards 30MB/s (down), 6Mb/s (up) are not listed by NBI.

You can check this on the department's map e.g. Raghra, Co. Offaly (DA Banagher)
    556363.png556364.png

Don't ask me why.

• Advertisement

clohamon wrote: »
    Townlands that have either no premises or are already allegedly 100% covered by commercial (wireline) providers to NBP standards 30MB/s (down), 6Mb/s (up) are not listed by NBI.

Don't ask me why.

We are in the small yellow section right in the middle of the big purple circle so it looks like we are covered alright.

Advertisement