Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUNDAY 19th January

Options
  • 19-01-2020 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

3.00 Ayr -
    CASUAL CAVALIER 8/1 generally

Won one of these qualifiers at Newcastle off a pound higher on heavy ground in March . Ran ok over 2m lto so stepping back up here should suit and has figures at Ayr of 221221 going back to his first win here in January ‘17 . Capable 3lb claimer up today too .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

If footpad doesn't win today then I give up
    I love this horse
    Really want him to return to himself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I love this horse

I don't lay horses too often, but I think this one is the lay of the day.

1) not a patch on the horse he was... now 2 years ago, nowhere near.
    2) He is flat bred, Creachadoir was 2nd in an irish Guineas and is not known for producing NH horses which you might get 5 seasons out of.
    3) The race he won before Christmas was a joke and a disgrace to the sport, nothing else tried a yard.
    4) Real Steel looks more progressive
    5) Voix de Reve could still be anything, a Grade 1 winner over distance in the last 12 months.
    6) Hardline and Jetz will find easier opportunities, but if either were really trying I still wouldn't fancy Footpad anymore.

8/13 looks a total bookies benefit.

if it turns out that RS and VDR don't try a yard he has a squeak. But I wouldn't take the risk. Lay of the Day.

Looking forward to the next at Thurles. Hup Festival Dex.

Jesus that was disappointing from footpad

Hard to like him at any trip now

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Far from his biggest fan think he’s quite overrated but Footpad needs genuine soft ground the ground today is of no use to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I love this horse

Given the (justified) stick the goat gets, I hope you'll stick to this
    Pretty sure you won't though. That being the case what's the point in making these type of statements?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Given the (justified) stick the goat gets, I hope you'll stick to this
    Pretty sure you won't though. That being the case what's the point in making these type of statements?

What are u on about

What are u on about

I've already quoted it for you.
    Your post states if footpad doesn't win today you'll give up.

Footpad didn't win, but you're not going to give up are you?

So again, what's the point of making statements like this when you've no intention of honouring them?

So again, what's the point of making statements like this when you've no intention of honouring them?

No need to be a bitch about it, I think it was a turn of speech rather than a statement of fact.

Who pissed in your cornflakes

• Advertisement

Who pissed in your cornflakes

I don't eat cornflakes.
    No answer to the question then?

Another lovely touch for the bookies there in the last, 3/10 , niiiice. Should keep the wolf from the door for another while, easy enough game, who would be a punter?

The best one I heard today was that Paul Townend spoke with pundits this morning ( Jane Mangan I believe ) and said he would prefer to be on Footpad.

This is what we are up against.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Another lovely touch for the bookies there in the last, 3/10 , niiiice. Should keep the wolf from the door for another while, easy enough game, who would be a punter?

The best one I heard today was that Paul Townend spoke with pundits this morning ( Jane Mangan I believe ) and said he would prefer to be on Footpad.

This is what we are up against.

Odds on shots get beat every day. Not sure what’s the big deal with Townends comments are, jockeys get it wrong all the time.

lemush wrote: »
    Odds on shots get beat every day. Not sure what’s the big deal with Townends comments are, jockeys get it wrong all the time.

I don't think he should be allowed make such comments, particularly if he is riding the winner. It would be a lot more decent of him to say something like

" I am very happy with my mount and I am looking forward to the race " etc etc.

Or say nothing at all.

It is hard enough getting a few winners without having to deal with jockeys telling lies to reporters. That's the big deal.

I don't think he should be allowed make such comments, particularly if he is riding the winner. It would be a lot more decent of him to say something like

Or say nothing at all.

It is hard enough getting a few winners without having to deal with jockeys telling lies to reporters. That's the big deal.

I think he was asked for his opinion and gave it. Anyone who lets jockey or trainer comments affect their punting is gonna be in trouble, just take no notice.

How do you know he's telling lies?

lemush wrote: »
    I think he was asked for his opinion and gave it. Anyone who lets jockey or trainer comments affect their punting is gonna be in trouble, just take no notice.

I know and the beauty is that your right.

But it doesn't make him any less of a sleeveen, just saying.

Let it be a lesson to any punters who listen to a word out of that yard, it happens far too much.

How do you know he's telling lies?

I reckon they all are , especially the gang down in closutton.

They are getting their tongues ready for the previews next month. Winking away.

I heard they have a " spoof and waffle " jar in the kit room. Whoever gets away with the biggest lie gets to empty it each week. The winner comes from the shortest price turnover a week, but you have to be on it and you have to have talked it up pre race. True Story.

I heard they have a " spoof and waffle " jar in the kit room. Whoever gets away with the biggest lie gets to empty it each week. The winner comes from the shortest price turnover a week, but you have to be on it and you have to have talked it up pre race. True Story.

Haha, wouldn't argue with that
    Generally the play for the preview nights is lay anything that has been talked up by the big Irish stables (Paul Nicholls is usually reliable, but a bit too bullish/biased towards his own horses. Honest though.). Try and find runners that either haven't been mentioned or had their chances belittled when they were.
    Outside of that though I'm not sure the likes of Townend are consistently lying. If you'd asked him about the Gold Cup before the race last year he'd have likely said he'd rather be riding Bellshill.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

You certainly live up to your name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

So back the other horse every time then.... Easy peasy.

Civil war on here today 🀣
    To the lads having a pop at me, Moron and Slattsy......
    Boo f*ckin hoo......

Hup hup

Civil war on here today ��
    To the lads having a pop at me, Moron and Slattsy......
    Boo f*ckin hoo......

Hup hup

I am not fighting with no one Rog.

But I have no problems calling out shíttiness when I see it.

When a leading jockey from a leading stable is asked a straightforward question and doesn't give a straightforward answer, he is part of the corruption. It is that simple really.

His pals don't like to have that pointed out, so they come on throw a few " you wouldn't have a clue " blah blahs. They are just trying to keep on the right side of da chunts.

I don't have that problem, I have it easy that way.

But spoofing to journalists is a problem, anyone that defends it... is part of the same problem, how can I respect that?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Or say nothing at all.

Maybe Footpad just had an off day?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Or say nothing at all.

Maybe Footpad just had an off day?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

When a leading jockey from a leading stable is asked a straightforward question and doesn't give a straightforward answer, he is part of the corruption. It is that simple really.

His pals don't like to have that pointed out, so they come on throw a few " you wouldn't have a clue " blah blahs. They are just trying to keep on the right side of da chunts.

But spoofing to journalists is a problem, anyone that defends it... is part of the same problem, how can I respect that?

You’re really barking up the wrong tree here.

You’re accusing Townend of lying for saying before the race that he would, as any rational person would, prefer to ride the 8/11 favourite and suggesting he somehow knew the result of the race before it happened only because he won it on the 2/1 2nd favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Lads the big problem re Footpad is the trainer Willie Mullins, who said post-race yesterday that "he wasn't at his best today, as the King George took its toll" or something along those lines. I'm sorry but Footpad should not have run yesterday.

The King George was an absolute war of attrition and TBH, I was astounded that he was declared to run on Friday. Thought he was the lay of the century to be frank about it. Willie Mullins does not do much wrong, but that was an annus horribilis, not his finest hour moment re Footpad.

Paul Townend is not to blame at all here. It's Closutton who's at fault here. I repeat that the horse had a hell on earth, of all races in Kempton, the horse should not have run yesterday. He is flogging this horse to death unfortunately, which is sad for a horse that had so much potential and now seems a complete shadow of his former self.

Very surprised by Willie though. Finally was there a stewards report post-race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Holy jaysus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

If only I was Mod

• Advertisement

But when bs is called out on certain posters here, their pals don't like it and there is a problem?

Advertisement