Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual "wise" sayings?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

That's the point. It's not that these things don't exist, it's just that people don't say it.

I understand tht. but people do say I saw a rat. fairly often in fact. at least 50% I would of the times I hear rats mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 19,975 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I understand tht. but people do say I saw a rat. fairly often in fact. at least 50% I would of the times I hear rats mentioned

Ok. Your experience is different to mine. And it's common enough that there's a saying about it. But I haven't done any stats on it so I won't make up any stats to compete with your made up stat.

Probably move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I saw an average sized rat once.
    Although I told everyone I'd seen a tiny rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Ok. Well that's what the saying means. People tend to report seeing a Huge rat. It holds true in my experience.

As in " I seen a fcukin YOOGE RAH" ?

I agree with you compadre....others just don't seem to get it.....

As in " I seen a fcukin YOOGE RAH" ?

I agree with you compadre....others just don't seem to get it.....

as I said before it doesn't ring true with me. at least 50% of the time I hear rats mentioned its just rats and not huge rats. I work in construction and am in rural Ireland so im putting that down as the reason. a lot of farmers and builders would be more used to seeing a rat and as a result wouldn't be as over the top with the dramatics.

this saying is a load of rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Too many cooks spoil the broth...........(just to change the subject)!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

as I said before it doesn't ring true with me. at least 50% of the time I hear rats mentioned its just rats and not huge rats. I work in construction and am in rural Ireland so im putting that down as the reason. a lot of farmers and builders would be more used to seeing a rat and as a result wouldn't be as over the top with the dramatics.

Aw. I thought you were being comically obtuse and I found it very funny how everyone was taking you at face value.

Now, it seems, your were being serious and pedantic.
    I'm desperately disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Don't take everything completely literally Pen.

Now, I know this dosn't happen but if supposing that somebody told you that you were a pain in the hole.....it doesn't mean that they have an ACTUAL pain in the hole ...if you get me ?

Just that they think that you ....well you know what I mean...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one
    (As proven by the last number of posts.)

Don't take everything completely literally Pen.

Now, I know this dosn't happen but if supposing that somebody told you that you were a pain in the hole.....it doesn't mean that they have an ACTUAL pain in the hole ...if you get me ?

Just that they think that you ....well you know what I mean...
    the difference is that your example makes sense as a saying .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Never tie your shoe lace in a revolving Door

21/25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

if it looks like a duck, quacks like duck but isn't a duck, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Advertisement