Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Potential Future of BusConnects

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Tomrota wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea who would be the FF transport minister?

I would hope Robert Troy, since he seems to have some element of cop on. Although that’s more a general impression I have, rather than being based on any actual scrutiny, since I was never going to vote for a party led by a man who was a senior minister when the country drove off a cliff 10 years ago.

Before anyone brings up Eamon Ryan, his party wasn’t running the economy, and the damage was done long before the Greens went into government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Breezer wrote: »
    I would hope Robert Troy, since he seems to have some element of cop on. Although that’s more a general impression I have, rather than being based on any actual scrutiny, since I was never going to vote for a party led by a man who was a senior minister when the country drove off a cliff 10 years ago.

Before anyone brings up Eamon Ryan, his party wasn’t running the economy, and the damage was done long before the Greens went into government.

They still signed up to shafting the taxpayer with private debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The project is very advanced. It's due to go for planning in Q2 and start construction next year.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Even if we had a ten line metro system, we still need an efficient bus system which bus connects provides. I think the guts of bus connects will happen, perhaps rebranded as something less toxic for the politicians. DART expansion will probably happen in some fudged form, with hybrid trains. Metrolink is not going to happen, itd just too expensive for an Irish government to commit to.

Advertisement