Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast using mobile data - question

Options
  • 14-01-2020 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to run a chromecast from a single mobile data source?

I tried this a while back and got so confused that I just gave up.

Basically - I'll be in a location with no wifi, but I'll have my mobile phone data to tether to an tablet, which has Netflix stuff downloaded, which I would like to cast to a television. Or I could just put the stuff onto the phone to cast, but if I can't get the Chromecast to work, the tablet is better option for viewing, and I can't have the same things downloaded to different devices.

I can't remember why it didn't work last time, but I couldn't make it happen and gave up in the end. I seem to remember endless confusion between my home account and trying to set up a different one for the TV elsewhere.

If anyone could give me idiot-level instructions for setting this up (if it's possible at all) then I'd be really grateful!

I won't be in the location till tomorrow, and then it'll be too late to transfer the material from one device to another, so I'm just trying to figure it out in advance if I can.

Hope that makes sense! Thank you in advance!!

Comments

Advertisement