Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Paint - Paint your favourite movie scene - Tournament Thread

Options
  • 13-01-2020 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to our esteemed artists and voyeurs. We now have 16 scenes, which i have randomised and put into a bracket, they will be pitted against each other, in a fight to the death..

O5i4tDo.png

I will post up 2 matches per day for the last 16 round then moving onto 1 match per day from the quarter finals onward. These will be posted here the morning of each day. The image with the most thanks at 10pm that evening progresses, no reasons are needed but are welcomed, as is discussion.

Commiserations to greenspurs who was knocked out in the preliminary round with the masterpiece below.

et.png

Best of luck to everyone who submitted entries.

Enjoy the show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Match one pits 2 iconic movies of different genres against each other.

Do you like the mystical or the murderous Nazi's. The guns or the wands!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 RfWu9pc.jpg

Saving Private Ryan KOkvtoT.png

Match 2 is battle of the car scenes!

Do you like the air blowing through your hair while driving your convertible?

You do?

Good because you have a tough choice to make here then

Thelma & Louise q592SRN.jpg

• Advertisement

Some like it hot 9V7kMNI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Now those are some tough matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Wow they are all brilliant!

Yeah its gonna be pretty tough especially in the later rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Great work artists, love them all

Saving Private Ryan is truly extraordinary. I voted Harry Potter though, I need to set a precedent that that's the style we're looking for ;)

Some Like It Hot is great, I love the black and white style too. The Thelma and Louise pic is so cinematic and has a sense of motion to it, that took my vote there

This is a cruel game you're playing Trig!

• Advertisement

Great work artists, love them all

Saving Private Ryan is truly extraordinary. I voted Harry Potter though, I need to set a precedent that that's the style we're looking for ;)

Some Like It Hot is great, I love the black and white style too. The Thelma and Louise pic is so cinematic and has a sense of motion to it, that took my vote there

This is a cruel game you're playing Trig!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Likewise I would like to set a bar for the contestants, somewhere marginally above my own abilities so even though Voldemort has a dress on Harry Potter gets my vote, in a large part due to the green and red lightning which reached out from the canvas and pulled on my heart strings

The second match is certainly a great example of contrasting styles and why this tournament is so eagerly awaited.

The sultry black and white style of some like it hot brings you right back to the 50s, you almost feel like the mob is after you.
    However you're caught up with the eponymous Thelma & Louise, you know there is no going back just by looking at this picture, their flowing hair perfectly catches the mood

I voted Harry Potter because I immediately recognised it as such. The second pic is brilliant, I just wasn't sure which war movie it was depicting.

I voted Thelma and Louise cause it's actually beautiful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I never thought people could do so much with MS Paint!! They're all great. :)

I voted for all of them because they all are very recognisable scenes in MS paint - and I can't make a decision :)

Harry Potter making a later surge, will it be enough though

How do i vote for them all to have fun and enjoy themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I like them all, great work everyone! ...I voted for the faces in both cases, cos very descriptive! :D

The Some like It Hot image draws you in, love the technique and feel of it - great work painter person!

Ahhhhh, nuts. Spent forever doing mine the other day and forgot to submit it :(

Edit: It's nowhere near as good as any of these so maybe that's for the best

• Advertisement

Ahhhhh, nuts. Spent forever doing mine the other day and forgot to submit it :(

Edit: It's nowhere near as good as any of these so maybe that's for the best

Sure throw it up here and we will guess the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Has to be SPR DDay for the 1st one just for the audacity to paint that scene with MSPaint.

And 2nd is T&H because it's got pretty colours

giphy.gif

The winners are anon and anon with their paintings of "Saving Private Ryan" and "Thelma and Louise", they go through to the next round

After a late run of votes it's with hard luck we say goodbye to "Harry Potter" and "Some like it hot"

A little side game.. guess the losing artist..

A lovely prize of a thumbs up from me for the winners.

Hmmm, was it Buile or maybe Pretzill, for the cool Some Like it Hot?

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hmmm, was it Buile or maybe Pretzill, for the cool Some Like it Hot?

tenor.gif?itemid=15098921

Wasn't me! :) I didn't enter. Kinda wish I had though.

Wasn't me! :) I didn't enter. Kinda wish I had though.

I remember how you (so beautifully) took christianity to australia, serious skills you have Buile!

Trigger wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=15098921

so :( no thumbs up.... *sniffles*

Was Baggly the artiste behind the thrilling Harry Potter scene?

• Advertisement

He was not

Advertisement