Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No assist for De Bruyne yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They said it’s an assist on Twitter so it will be added in time

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Was just about to type this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think it's very easy to say this giving that he's not starting - I could be equally sayng why do you still have Ali - he has 1 return in the last 6 GW's and no double digit scores, in the same period Sterling has 3 goals and assist - which saw him get 2 double digit scores.

Or why do you still have Zaha, or why did you sell Ings. People make decisions for a number of different reasons. If Sterling was playing today he could get 2/3 goals - then next GW folk be saying he has 3 double digit scores in last 6/7 games, he's back on form etc.

Agreed, hes one of the best players in the world, of course he's a prime option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Kbd goal needed to punish the vardy captainers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

I want Mahrez! Watch Pepe roulette spin into action now over next few GWs when we all get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There he has it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think it's very easy to say this giving that he's not starting - I could be equally sayng why do you still have Ali - he has 1 return in the last 6 GW's and no double digit scores, in the same period Sterling has 3 goals and assist - which saw him get 2 double digit scores.

Or why do you still have Zaha, or why did you sell Ings. People make decisions for a number of different reasons. If Sterling was playing today he could get 2/3 goals - then next GW folk be saying he has 3 double digit scores in last 6/7 games, he's back on form etc.

None of them cost nearly 12 million
    Which means owners have the choice of literally every other midfielder in the game bar salah or mane
    If I pay 12ml for a player he has to be captaincy material
    No way I would risk captaining sterling any week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sterling is the 4th highest scoring midfielder in the game, what are ye on about? He's nearly guaranteed over 200 points a season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Don't have KDB captained, not sure what kind of score I want him to get. Everyone seems to have him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

shmeee wrote: »
    I want Mahrez! Watch Pepe roulette spin into action now over next few GWs when we all get him in.

I was so close to getting him in the wildcard but opted for KDB as less eh, rotationable. Should have gambled on him as a differential though.

Only Messi Mbappe and Lewandowski scored more goals than Sterling in 2019 and he does that without even being a prime finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    None of them cost nearly 12 million
    Which means owners have the choice of literally every other midfielder in the game bar salah or mane
    If I pay 12ml for a player he has to be captaincy material
    No way I would risk captaining sterling any week

Again just cause you wouldn't, doesn't mean that having Sterling is a mistake, How many times this season have you put the armband on Mane for instance? Given his price and form you must be doing it regularly - but I rarely see you posting that you have him as captain? If not why not - given his form?

As others have said, Sterling is one of the best players in the league, and anyone with him have just got unlucky that he's not starting today. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jesus (Kevin)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Jesus (KDB)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sterling is the 4th highest scoring midfielder in the game, what are ye on about? He's nearly guaranteed over 200 points a season

Indeed he is
    A while 2 points ahead of Richarlison who is 3 million cheaper
    And 5 points ahead of Maddison’s who is 4 million cheaper
    Almost 1/5th of his points came in gw1
    Top point scoring mid is a team mate of his who started the season 2.5 ml cheaper

It not as simple as he gets lots of points
    It’s like the Kane debate this season

There are better ways to spend that money than on a player you can’t risk captaining

Jesus (kdb)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Jesus (KDB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

That was some ball

Shanee. wrote: »
    That was some ball

Best player in the league in action

I was so close to getting him in the wildcard but opted for KDB as less eh, rotationable. Should have gambled on him as a differential though.

KdB is too consistent and too highly owned to go without though, it's nearly an option to have both for instance. Mahrez is great value but pep roulette can just make it annoying to have him, whereas KdB as you say is less rotationable.

• Advertisement

Islander13 wrote: »
    Best player in the league in action

Arguably in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How is Jesus leading the bonus?
    His assist hit off him for Mahrez and Kevin's ball couldn't have been better for his goal. Other than that, he has been poor when compared to the rest of the City attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,205 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

KDB''s points will now start hurting with the captainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

KdB is too consistent and too highly owned to go without though, it's nearly an option to have both for instance. Mahrez is great value but pep roulette can just make it annoying to have him, whereas KdB as you say is less rotationable.

Aiy he's repaying the faith anyway :D

siblers wrote: »
    Arguably in the world

After Messi he might be the first player on the World XI teamsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Mahrez could become a must have type of player again.

SlickRic wrote: »
    KDB''s points will now start hurting with the captainers.

Took the armband off him for Martial. Need him to stay quiet in the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CR7.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    CR7.

He said after, CR7 would be before Messi;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone else own KDB and see their rank plummet with every contribution from him?

Advertisement