Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose QuietComfort QC35 II Bluetooth Headphones-Midnight Blue - Argos €225.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Moreilly wrote: »
    * just on a side note, the Bose 700 are on Amazon Germany for 285 euros, not a bad price (299 pounds on UK site, 399 euros on Bose site and 430 euros on Argos)

I went exactly this way. Works out at €308 with express delivery. Ordered yesterday, receiving tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

* just on a side note, the Bose 700 are on Amazon Germany for 285 euros, not a bad price (299 pounds on UK site, 399 euros on Bose site and 430 euros on Argos)

i don't like the look of them. 35' are better looking. For me.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I went exactly this way. Works out at €308 with express delivery. Ordered yesterday, receiving tomorrow.
    I done the same, for me it was between the 700's and the Sony xm3 .every review online gives it to the Sony xm3 as being the better earphones but I preferred the sound of the 700's, personal preference I suppose, but I did think the Sony's NC was a touch better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

I done the same, for me it was between the 700's and the Sony xm3 .every review online gives it to the Sony xm3 as being the better earphones but I preferred the sound of the 700's, personal preference I suppose, but I did think the Sony's NC was a touch better though.

Very nice, well wear. I tried the XM3's last year and while the NC is great, the call quality was poor and the I wasn't a fan of the bass. I know you can adjust it but I couldn't justify getting it.

The 700's are a different story. NC is still fantastic but the look and feel is way better. Seems the Bose Music app is a little better now than it was on release as well.

Excited to spend some proper time getting used to them tomorrow. Calls in the office will be interesting to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

For anyone that missed out in these I bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 on eglobal for 222 delivered. Ordered Thursday and due to be delivered tomorrow, appears to be dispatched from the Netherlands.

I've a friend who bought same headphones from eglobal and he's confirmed they are the real deal and not Chinese versions as suggested in some of the reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I had ordered the Bose 700 from Amazon DE on Black Friday for a very good price, but actually returned them.

The reason for this is comfort: with their significantly heavier weight and narrower head band I found they became uncomfortable after a while. I would have no problem wearing the QC 25/35 for a 10 hours flight with not discomfort at all - but the 700 felt uncomfortable to me after an hour.

So the 700 have a nicer design, much better microphones, and slightly better SQ and ANC; but IMO they are a significant step back in terms of comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

scottigael wrote: »
    Reserved it on 14th and got reservation number but still no text to collect anyone else?

Same. Resevered on 16th and was emailed Reservation number for collection Mon-Wed this week. Haven't heard back. <- Attention 4motion

Incidentally, they seem to be available to reserve again... "Order now
    for collection ....."

Same. Resevered on 16th and was emailed Reservation number for collection Mon-Wed this week. Haven't heard back. <- Attention 4motion

Incidentally, they seem to be available to reserve again... "Order now
    for collection ....."

Hi,
    i just bought mine in wexfrod thank you rustledjimmies.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

For anyone that missed out in these I bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 on eglobal for 222 delivered. Ordered Thursday and due to be delivered tomorrow, appears to be dispatched from the Netherlands.

I've a friend who bought same headphones from eglobal and he's confirmed they are the real deal and not Chinese versions as suggested in some of the reviews.

222 ahhhhh I really didn’t need to see this. I’m so tempted to purchase.
    Anyone familiar with eglobal?

bergipau wrote: »

Forget about warranty.

• Advertisement

I bought a Xioami 9T Pro of them 2 months ago. Delivery took just over two weeks. Phone is perfect and was the cheapest place by miles.

It's got mixed reviews but has worked out ok for me. Wife just accepted delivery of headphones so that as less than a week

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

4motion wrote: »
    Forget about warranty.

Not sure if that would be a problem. I had an issuer with my mdr 1000x and I dealt with Sony directly. Once I had my receipt they took care of it quickly and easily.
    Some of the review I read said they are slow to deliver.
    I also assume these are new and come with a 12 month manufacture warranty

Not sure if that would be a problem. I had an issuer with my mdr 1000x and I dealt with Sony directly. Once I had my receipt they took care of it quickly and easily.

Never dealed with then but I have read loads of about them on hduk and it not so easy. But make sure your self before u buy.

Sony might facilitate on a discretionary basis, but it should depend on whether the products are from European stocks and sold by a European authorised reseller. To my knowledge Sony doesn’t offer trans-continental warranties (partly to fight grey market), unless the product is specifically for tourists (for exemple in Japan they have specific SKUs for some products which shops are only allowed to sell to tourists and which come with an international warranty - I once bought a camera from the flagship store in the Sony building in Ginza, and it was very clearly explained to me).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've a code for Cork Mahon if anyone wants it.
    To be collected by end of day tomorrow.

Decided I'll go with the Sony after trying both in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I've a code for Cork Mahon if anyone wants it.
    To be collected by end of day tomorrow.

Decided I'll go with the Sony after trying both in the shop.

Sony 270 in Argos?

noodler wrote: »
    Sony 270 in Argos?

I have a code for the Bose, I'm going for the Sony on eGlobal.

Code gone

• Registered Users Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Keep reading bad things about them.

Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

What would the difference be in a much cheaper set such as the Anker Soundcore. I'm guessing sound quality? Would it be enough for the average Joe Soap to notice? Thanks

• Advertisement

big difference in noise-cancellation between everything else and the bose qc/sony wh1000mx, those two are out on their own for that feature as far as ive been able to search

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If anyone is going through the airport, the Dixons up there has the Bose for 260 (I think the Sony was the same).

I was a bit annoyed as I bought them in Currys for 299 but the noise cancelling is fantastic. Virtually no background noise on a turboprop when playing some tunes when I flew out on Monday

noodler wrote: »
    Keep reading bad things about them.

Keep us posted!

About eGlobal?
    I've used them loads, phones and camera stuff, never had any issues. Have no problem using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I’ve a code for QC35 II €225.99 in Rathfarnham if anybody wants it. Collect by close of business tomorrow.

Gone to Dexster555

About eGlobal?
    I've used them loads, phones and camera stuff, never had any issues. Have no problem using them.

Got the Sony's yesterday, 3 working days from eglobal

They are absolutely incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Are eGlobal shipping from within the EU these days, been years since I looked but I see they now have an EU site?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Are eGlobal shipping from within the EU these days, been years since I looked but I see they now have an EU site?

These shipped from Holland. The Xiaomi 9T appears to have come from Asia

They don't make it clear on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I planned to get these one and got myself a code for SWORDS valid until 25 January but after all I decided to go with something else.

They are ready to collect (according to an Argos text this morning), so if someone would like to have the code please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Any issues with latency/delay watching say Youtube with them? Have heard mixed things around the latency as they supposedly don't support Low Latency codecs

• Advertisement

Doomofman wrote: »
    Any issues with latency/delay watching say Youtube with them? Have heard mixed things around the latency as they supposedly don't support Low Latency codecs

The Bose only supports SBC and AAC, and the Sony add AptX, AptX HD and LDAC to the mix. So the Sony have everything the Bose do and more in terms of codecs.

If you want Aptx LL with good audio and ANC, I think the next best choice is probably the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 3, but that’s only if your source device supports the code.

Advertisement