Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrustmaster TX issue

• 10-01-2020 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Got a Thrustmaster TX last month and using it on Xbox One, playing Assetto Corsa mainly.

When the Xbox turns on, the wheel calibrates as normal. During gameplay, the wheel keeps going off centre. I can actually feel a kick when this happens. You could be driving down a straight and suddenly the wheel calibration is thrown off and you end up in the wall.

If i turn the wheel off and back on, it does its re-calibration again but the force feedback is then non existent. If i restart the Xbox and wheel, all is back to normal however the issue is becoming more regular and is hard to even get a 5 lap race complete.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Pic attached showing how far off centre it goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hmm the fact you have recalibrated it and still issues is a concern, thats a long way off center too.
    I bought a thrustmaster T300 alcantera 6 months ago but returned it after 3 weeks.
    The pedal connection to wheel base was faulty and wouldnt "click" into place at all, blutac sorted this but it wasnt ideal.
    Then when i tried to attach the wheel to a GT Omega Apex stand/cockpit the housing for locking bolt burst through the base just from a small bit of pressure.

I was gutted as it really is a great wheel with butter smooth FFB but TM are known to have issues, you either get a bomb proof one or dodgy one.

Back to your issue, did you buy it new or second hand?
    Id definitely be returning it.

Dcully wrote: »
    Hmm the fact you have recalibrated it and still issues is a concern, thats a long way off center too.
    I bought a thrustmaster T300 alcantera 6 months ago but returned it after 3 weeks.
    The pedal connection to wheel base was faulty and wouldnt "click" into place at all, blutac sorted this but it wasnt ideal.
    Then when i tried to attach the wheel to a GT Omega Apex stand/cockpit the housing for locking bolt burst through the base just from a small bit of pressure.

I was gutted as it really is a great wheel with butter smooth FFB but TM are known to have issues, you either get a bomb proof one or dodgy one.

Back to your issue, did you buy it new or second hand?
    Id definitely be returning it.

It’s hugely frustrating, as you say it’s a great wheel, when it works! I even tried reducing the FFB settings but that had no impact at all. In fact the issue seems to be getting more regular.

I bought it new from box.co.uk, got it in their Black Friday sale. I’ve fired them off an email to see what the process is. I’d be happy to just replace it but I’m concerned over the reliability now. We’ll see what they say.

What did you replace yours with?

I actually havent replaced it as of yet as im enjoying other games at the moment but i will soon enough.
    SInce im now more a casual simracer than previously i think ill go with a bog standard G29.

Just to update, i contacted box.co.uk where i bought the wheel who said i had to get in touch with Thrustmaster support.

Went through some trouble shooting ideas from Thrustmaster, none of which worked so then had to send them a video of the issue. Did that and they then requested i return the base to them. Finally got the base back yesterday but the exact same issue is still there. I contacted Thrustmaster again, who suggested re-calibrating the wheel and then asked for another video showing the issue still being there so the technician can review. Hugely frustrating.

• Advertisement

Thats just ridiculous, all the while your without the wheel.
    Im just glad i took a refund, i suggest you do the same.

Advertisement