Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Cannot submit claim to VHI for my spouse

• 09-01-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 ronanfrench

Hi,

My family (me, spouse, 3 kids) is covered by VHI through my employer.

I have used Snap and Send on the MyVHI app to submit claims with little fuss for several years.

However since GDPR was introduced, I cannot submit claims for my wife. She has disappeared from the dropdown whereas my kids remain on the dropdown menu.

Does anyone know how I can get my spouse added back to my app or does she have to set up her own login and submit her own claims herself? I can still submit claims for my 3 children (all under 18).

Many thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ jonnybravo

Hi,

My family (me, spouse, 3 kids) is covered by VHI through my employer.

I have used Snap and Send on the MyVHI app to submit claims with little fuss for several years.

However since GDPR was introduced, I cannot submit claims for my wife. She has disappeared from the dropdown whereas my kids remain on the dropdown menu.

Does anyone know how I can get my spouse added back to my app or does she have to set up her own login and submit her own claims herself? I can still submit claims for my 3 children (all under 18).

Many thanks!

Tis a fair silly rule. My wife just set up her own login on her phone and did it herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ daheff

Yep....it's all GDPR nonsense. While you can apply for and pay for health insurance for your wife, you cannot access these benefits on her behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭ shannon82

you wife will have to register for myvhi.ie, and submit her own receipts, it doesnt take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ homer911

Yeah, this is nuts. Laya have no problem with this. I had to set up email accounts for each of my elderly parents just so I could so I could submit online claims for them

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ mobpd

and you cannot have 2 accounts linked with the same phone number.
    You need to have access to the other phone for the verification code if you need to access the Claims payment statements

• Advertisement
Advertisement