Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot submit claim to VHI for my spouse

• 09-01-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My family (me, spouse, 3 kids) is covered by VHI through my employer.

I have used Snap and Send on the MyVHI app to submit claims with little fuss for several years.

However since GDPR was introduced, I cannot submit claims for my wife. She has disappeared from the dropdown whereas my kids remain on the dropdown menu.

Does anyone know how I can get my spouse added back to my app or does she have to set up her own login and submit her own claims herself? I can still submit claims for my 3 children (all under 18).

Many thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Hi,

My family (me, spouse, 3 kids) is covered by VHI through my employer.

I have used Snap and Send on the MyVHI app to submit claims with little fuss for several years.

However since GDPR was introduced, I cannot submit claims for my wife. She has disappeared from the dropdown whereas my kids remain on the dropdown menu.

Does anyone know how I can get my spouse added back to my app or does she have to set up her own login and submit her own claims herself? I can still submit claims for my 3 children (all under 18).

Many thanks!

Tis a fair silly rule. My wife just set up her own login on her phone and did it herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

Yep....it's all GDPR nonsense. While you can apply for and pay for health insurance for your wife, you cannot access these benefits on her behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

you wife will have to register for myvhi.ie, and submit her own receipts, it doesnt take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

Yeah, this is nuts. Laya have no problem with this. I had to set up email accounts for each of my elderly parents just so I could so I could submit online claims for them

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

and you cannot have 2 accounts linked with the same phone number.
    You need to have access to the other phone for the verification code if you need to access the Claims payment statements

• Advertisement
Advertisement