Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

it certainly is. Look at the lists of charities on the Charities regulator list and follow up on what the company directors do and what salaries they draw - from the charities funds. Its eye watering in many instances. The day of the landed gentry doing poorhouse work and paying for it from their own pockets is long over.

That's neither here nor there unless you have direct information to how their actual foundation and charity work is setup.

I see they have done an interview with Oprah Winfrey now.
    For people that have issues with media and fame they really don't help themselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

bubblypop wrote: »
    For people that have issues with media and fame they really don't help themselves

They have issues with bullying, racist, illegal tactics used by their media. Obviously. So they helped themselves right out of that situation.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    They have issues with bullying, racist, illegal tactics used by their media. Obviously. So they helped themselves right out of that situation.

I have yet to see any bullying or racist articles about either, but they didn't really help themselves out of the situation, as far as I can see they just didn't want to be told what to do by the royal family.
    Which is fair enough.
    But if they really wanted the media to leave them alone, then maybe they should stop putting themselves in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    But there is no objectivity: being critical of their work, lol. Her work?! It's about insulting her, her intentions, her behaviour, how she presents as a person. Good grief.. talk about a strong whiff of whataboutery with folks. The way the tabloids have attacked her is very personal and the sheep follow and continue the hate as seen all over this thread.

Buying her stuff, being a customer of theirs is neither here nor there, but you use it your last sentence to grandstand and throw an insult at another poster. LOL.
    I never said anything about them personally as long as it wasn't part of their work. However they part of their brand, it's not their education or their expert knowledge it's their background and their experience. I have no problem with them making money from it, neither I particularly dislike them but they slot nicely into the same market that gets inspired by self help books. It is not my cup of tea.

As for being customers, it's the way they make money. They are not doing it for free so yes we either are or are not their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Meghan has had a three year relationship with Oprah. She was at their wedding and her baby shower. Sounds like she has been characteristically generous and helpul towards the couple. Maybe Oprah asked and she obliged?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I don't think Harry ever wanted fame and fortune. He wanted to be a normal lad, without this glare of press attention and paparazzi following his every move. That's what made him relatable to the British public, he was a bit of a rogue.

I think that's also what made him victim to MM and her fame hungry ways. She wants the intense fame and spotlight but she also wants to cash in on it by going the Hollywood route. Being treated like a Princess but without the royal duties and all that comes with that. Harry just wanted to leave. I think he'll come to regret this when the Love's Young Dream shine wears off and he realises how much he's walked away from i.e his family and relationships and the shallowness of what he's getting in return i.e a level of fame he never wanted.

Harry is a grown man in his thirties and member of Royal family. He is not some helpless imbecile who was led astray by evil temptress. I don't overly follow royals (I know, I know) but I don't think he was ever happy when British media were poking around. It's unfair to blame Megan Markle.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Going by your logic then, Wojtek, no one in first world countries should be having notions thinking they have "real" problems. That's belittling and dismissive. And I'm sure they are very aware of their privilege and luxuries, as we all have. We are all aware that someone, millions, in other countries have it far worse than we do. That reality doesn't mean we aren't allowed to struggle or suffer in our own lives. Honestly, your post is just as bad.

They didn't ignore what they were there to do, and got on with it the best they could. They did their job. They can help and serve and be going through something at the same time, too. It's not mutually exclusive.
    They have really serious and painful personal issues. It's not helpful to anyone, at any time, to just dismiss their mental health issues, or anyone's, and tell them to buck up and think of all the other human suffering. That causes more harm no matter who you are.

It's the timing that I'm questioning. It's like me complaining to a friend that the ATM only gives out 50 euro notes while a homeless person sits on the ground with an empty McDonald's cup.

Of course everyone is entitled to express their troubles, but a little bit of empathy for those in abject poverty might have made most people pause for thought before blurting out their problems.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Meghan has had a three year relationship with Oprah. She was at their wedding and her baby shower. Sounds like she has been characteristically generous and helpul towards the couple. Maybe Oprah asked and she obliged?

Reports suggest that Meg and Oprah only met once before she attended their wedding!

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »
    Harry is a grown man in his thirties and member of Royal family. He is not some helpless imbecile who was led astray by evil temptress.

He is both of those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Lol! She certainly left a trail of bloodied corpses trampled behind her - using and abusing and crying victim certainly seems to be the way she works. As for that poor sap Harry - when your school friends and colleagues are all saying the same things about you it’s maybe time to start paying attention - if your attention span & mental capacity will allow you to. . Too late now - he’s made his bed of nails. No doubt they will dull over time with enough arse wearing.

Surprising how utterly silent foot in mouth Charles gs been over this - and wicked sept mother Camilla. Its as though he simply dosn’t exist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

meeeeh wrote: »
    Harry is a grown man in his thirties and member of Royal family. He is not some helpless imbecile who was led astray by evil temptress. I don't overly follow royals (I know, I know) but I don't think he was ever happy when British media were poking around. It's unfair to blame Megan Markle.

Never said he wasn't a grown man or that he was a helpless imbecile. I did say he always seemed to hate press attention which you seem to agree with. Interesting fact given he'll be on Oprah in two weeks and has his own Netflix deal, Spotify deal, etc. That's a lot of press attention for someone who hates press attention. I think MM was someone to escape with, which he always wanted. He's just escaped to something that's going to be far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bitofabind wrote: »
    Never said he wasn't a grown man or that he was a helpless imbecile. I did say he always seemed to hate press attention which you seem to agree with. Interesting fact given he'll be on Oprah in two weeks and has his own Netflix deal, Spotify deal, etc. That's a lot of press attention for someone who hates press attention. I think MM was someone to escape with, which he always wanted. He's just escaped to something that's going to be far worse.

of course he hated press attention after what they did to his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

bitofabind wrote: »
    I don't think Harry ever wanted fame and fortune. He wanted to be a normal lad, without this glare of press attention and paparazzi following his every move. That's what made him relatable to the British public, he was a bit of a rogue.

I think that's also what made him victim to MM and her fame hungry ways. She wants the intense fame and spotlight but she also wants to cash in on it by going the Hollywood route. Being treated like a Princess but without the royal duties and all that comes with that. Harry just wanted to leave. I think he'll come to regret this when the Love's Young Dream shine wears off and he realises how much he's walked away from i.e his family and relationships and the shallowness of what he's getting in return i.e a level of fame he never wanted.

I think there is an element of truth in this. Being a prince means you will attract flighty women with their heads in the clouds trying to role-play their childhood Disney princess fantasies. It would be quite difficult for any young man to sift through the cunning headmelts and the ambitious who simply want to marry you for your title and upward social mobility.

I do think there might have been something like this with Markle. She ditched her first husband like a hot-snot once she hit it big on Suits, after years of being a struggling actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

of course he hated press attention after what they did to his mother.

That woman courted the press!!! She set up half of their shoots, and LOVED an opportunity to cast herself as the victim (not saying her ex husband wasn't a bellend too).

Harry is a very dim man who grew up with extraordinary privilege as well quite a lot of rope in terms of what the British public let him away with after his mother died.

I don't know what to make of Megan; I have literally never seen anything that could be called racist said about her in the press. I truly believe she had zero clue what she was getting into with the Royals and thought she could live the glamourous aspect without following the rules.

I don't see them making it as a couple unfortunately, and it will be all "the press' fault" when it comes crashing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That woman courted the press!!! She set up half of their shoots, and LOVED an opportunity to cast herself as the victim (not saying her ex husband wasn't a bellend too).

she was absolutely hounded by them. she could do nothing without a press pack following them.

she was absolutely hounded by them. she could do nothing without a press pack following them.

I agree they were horrific, but she sent them mixed messages when she courted them as often as she did. She was far more manipulative than people give her credit for.

Harry is a very dim man who grew up with extraordinary privilege as well quite a lot of rope in terms of what the British public let him away with after his mother died.

I don't know what to make of Megan; I have literally never seen anything that could be called racist said about her in the press. I truly believe she had zero clue what she was getting into with the Royals and thought she could live the glamourous aspect without following the rules.

I don't see them making it as a couple unfortunately, and it will be all "the press' fault" when it comes crashing down.

Diana was an extremely complex woman as well. I do acknowledge the good she did, but lets be real, she was from a social-set in England that would put kittens in a blender if it meant smuggling their daughter into the royal set-up. That undoubtedly rubbed off on Diana. One doubts very much she loved Charles in any particular way, but she did love the thought of being princess and eventually Queen.

The whole royal thing is toxic and weird.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Diana was an extremely complex woman as well. .

It's also fair to say she came from her own very troubled background- when her folks split up her maternal granny spoke against her mother in the custody hearing.

Like that's pretty messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think it is that Harry was always looking for a way out. He went out of his way when he was younger to be different, he clearly enjoyed his time in the Army, away from the family.

MM was very different to the expected person he 'should' have married. I think this was a conscious decision (not to pick MM specifically but to look far outside the expected).

One must remember that Harry probably blames the royal family, and is Granny, for the death of his mother. They hounded her out of the family, made her life a living hell. Harry loves his mam (and all children do) and was forced to live with the very people that he blames for causing her death. Imagine having to live with that. And not only that, they expected him to carry on the traditions, traditions he possibly saw as one of the reasons his mother was so unhappy and ultimately died.

That is the bit people, IMO, are missing. They are calling on Harry to stop being manipulated by MM and come home when I think he is using MM to break away. She is the perfect foil. She couldn't care less about the family, probably agrees with Harry that the further he gets from them the better.

The whole idea that he should somehow bow to his granny, and then eventually to his dad and brother is just weird for someone from outside that sphere.

That MM is, perhaps, media-hungry. Well, so what. Everyone wants to make a buck, the royals certainly make plenty from courting the media, and MM is simply doing it differently. But suddenly it is crass and unbecoming.

It's not the first time, or the last, that a child wants to break away from the family business and find their own way in life. Particularly when it not only his older brother that has been marked as the 'favourite' but the brothers kids now get more chance of being involved! Put yourself in the same situation with your family business. The family farm, you must work on it forever, but your older brother is the only one to get to own it, and if he doesn't then his 6-year-old son gets it! It's crazy.

It's really weird watching it play out. It almost like a battered wife, being told that she loses everything is she doesn't stick around. Who the hell does he think he is, with his ideas of freedom and individuality.

I see no evidence whatsoever that Harry blames the Royal family for the death of his mother!
    I don't know where you plucked that one from

I see no evidence whatsoever that Harry blames the Royal family for the death of his mother!
    I don't know where you plucked that one from

What evidence do you expect? That he is going to be marching with a placard in front of the palace?

But he has clearly been unhappy with the role of simply royal for quite some time. His little acts of rebellion for eg.

It's just a theory but go back to that time. Recall how the Queen behaved. And how the entire establishment behaved prior to it. He would have picked up on a lot of that, and I'm sure has learned more as he got older.

In many divorces and breakups, the kids end up blaming someone. He can't blame his mother, you think he solely blames the media?

And we know that Charles treated her really poorly, kids pick up on those things. He sees how Andrew is being protected, but somehow his mother was bad for the royals?

Someone did comparison how Megan was treated by press and how Kate was treated by press. This is not the original source but it's clear comparison.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tiphero.com/british-press-meghan-vs-kate/amp/

I think British press is full of upper class snobs. I'm not sure weather it's racism or plain hostility towards anyone who doesn't fit their circle in either case they are pretty despicable. On top of that most of tabloid press lean towards conservatives and a Liberal Californian probably causes complete meltdown among them.

I roll my eyes at a lot of stuff they peddle, it's not my thing but their complaints about British press have merit. A lot of them are despicable crowd and one good thing from growth of social media is that it took away living from paparazzis. I don't read tabloids but I'm subscribed to The Times and even there some comments are just plain nasty and personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Reports suggest that Meg and Oprah only met once before she attended their wedding!

Yeah? And reports were that they spent a fortune on chartering a private jet to take them on holiday to the South of France, detailing how many tonnes of carbon the flight generated and how many commercial flights were available, etc. Then Elton John revealed he shouted them the trip, it was his plane and that he made a carbon neutral donation on their behalf.

That guy is a saint. I am pretty certain he owns the house they stayed in in Canada, which the DM tried desperately to find out who the owner was, dropping hints that it might be a Russian Mafia person.

So spare me this 'reports say'.

The Daily Faeces was at it again just today with another one of it’s usual hit pieces on Meghan: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9287853/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-seen-time-announcing-pregnancy.html
    Meghan's VERY expensive taste! Pregnant Duchess of Sussex wears a £2,600 Oscar de la Renta dress…
    The Duchess is known for her love of designer brands, and her first maternity wardrobe is believed to have cost over half a million pounds. It was further boosted by decadent jewellery, which adds financial value to several of her outfits. 

Then they say
    Meanwhile she kept her accessories to a minimal in order to let her dress take centre stage.
    So they go from decadent to minimal, after first implying great cost.

And for Kate it’s:
    Kate dazzled in a bejewelled blue gown by her favourite designer Jenny Packham. The sweeping, sari-inspired dress was custom-made and experts valued the ensemble, that came with a matching clutch, at around £3,500
    Her extravagant look was complimented with a pair of Amrapli £2,730 drop earrings in navy blue, while the exact style of her shoes was unknown.

So Kate Dazzles in an £3,500 dress and compliments it with £2,730 earrings, but Meghan has very expensive tastes wearing a £2,600 dress and minimal accessories. And so the Daily mail shapes public opinion and canonises one while demonising the other.

Then there is the marked contrast in how they report the travels of the Cambridge’s vs the Sussex’s.
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have apparently flown to France by private jet for a summer break.
    Kate and William arrived yesterday afternoon on the £8 million Cessna plane owned by the country’s richest man, the Duke of Westminster, who has leant it to the couple several times before.

But for the evil duo it’s:
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex seven times the emissions per person compared to a commercial flight when they flew to France this week. ...
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been pictured arriving in the south of France - their third private jet jaunt of the summer.
    It is estimated Prince Harry and Meghan generated an estimated seven times the emissions per person compared to a commercial flight when they flew to Nice on Wednesday.

Hey, lets just repeat that bit two or three times to make sure you get what we're getting at.
    Photographs of the royal couple and three-month-old Archie show the family arriving at the airport, two days after flying to the UK from Ibiza.
    The trip on the 12-seater Cessna aircraft was eco-warriors Prince Harry, 34, and Meghan's third private jet flight in just eight days. 
    The Cessna Citation Sovereign features a refreshment bar and is described as the ‘pinnacle of luxury’ by private jet firm and owner NetJets. 
    Dressed in a white blouse and cream sun hat, Meghan, 38, was spotted cradling baby Archie as she left the plane which is registered to NetJets.
    Harry, wearing a green polo shirt, blue cap and sunglasses, was also seen leaving the plane, which experts said would have cost more than £20,000 to hire.
    Little Archie, wearing a cream and navy striped jumper, was cradled by his mother as they disembarked from the aircraft and were met by aides.
    There are more than 20 scheduled commercial flights from London airports to Nice each Wednesday from as little as £100 for a return.

And then there was the OMG reporting lying about the wonderful eco-friendly Kata and Wills flying to Scotland on a commercial flight. My god, aren't they just so adorable?
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s recent holiday to Scotland may not have been as environmentally friendly as many had believed. Prince William and Kate Middleton were praised earlier in the week for taking a budget Flybe flight when travelling to Balmoral to see the Queen and Prince Philip. The £73-a-head flight was in stark contrast to the four gas-guzzling private jets Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had taken in just 11 days. However, it has since been revealed that Flybe bosses ordered an empty plane to be flown 123 miles to pick up the royal couple and their children, it was claimed last night. The flight William and Kate took from Norwich to Aberdeen at 8.40am is usually operated by Loganair on behalf of Eastern Airways – Flybe’s franchise – reported MailOnline. However, it is alleged that Flybe bosses were keen that they use a plane with their branding on it, and decided to fly an Embraer 145 from Eastern’s Humberside HQ to collect the royals.

That meant that the Loganair craft which had flown passengers from Aberdeen to Norwich, left empty. In total, the two empty flights resulted in 4.5 tons of carbon emissions. Prince William and Kate are said to be totally unaware of the alleged switch and had not asked for any special treatment. The source told MailOnline: ‘It’s utterly extraordinary and makes a mockery of their family’s very laudable attempts to travel more economically and in a more environmentally friendly manner.

‘An additional 4.5 tons of carbon emissions were created simply to ensure that an aircraft with Flybe written on the side operated the flight with the Royal party aboard, instead of the usual aircraft which flies the route. It’s obviously not their fault but is utterly ridiculous.’

And that’s how you make the world think one couple walk on water while the other lot rape and pillage their way across the globe.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What evidence do you expect? That he is going to be marching with a placard in front of the palace?

He has managed to make his feelings about the press, in particular what he perceives to be their role in her death, very well known.
    Pretty sure if he blamed the royal family, you would have heard about it. From 'sources inside the palace' or 'royal insiders' or 'close friends of Harry's '

He has managed to make his feelings about the press, in particular what he perceives to be their role in her death, very well known.
    Pretty sure if he blamed the royal family, you would have heard about it. From 'sources inside the palace' or 'royal insiders' or 'close friends of Harry's '

You expect him to come out and say he blames the Queen for his mothers death? The guy is being lynched because he wants to do a different job for goodness sake.

Can you honestly not see a scenario where he would hold the royal institution in part to blame for what happened? Nearly everyone else knows that Diana was cruelly treated by the family but somehow Harry simply doesn't think about that?

Whether he feels it as much as I opine that he does, I would;d be amazed if he didn't have some unresolved blame for all of them. That doesn't mean he hates them, or that he would come out publicly against them, but it doesn't mean it isn't there.

The very fact he walked away should be a massive sign. He didn't walk from it all simply because of the press. I've no doubt that was a major factor, and something he clearly feels very hurt by, but I cannot see how what happened to his mam, and the royals part in the overall, would not play a part of his psyche.

Maybe he wanted to leave cos being in the royal family is sh1t?
    No privacy and can't live his own life, maybe it's that simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Maybe he wanted to leave cos being in the royal family is sh1t?
    No privacy and can't live his own life, maybe it's that simple.

So he goes to Hollywood and makes a TV series, privacy eh ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfviCz80ns
    Harry Markle: Prisoner of Wokeness

• Advertisement

I do get the feeling there is something quite off about Markle. The way she ghosted her first husband for no reason by all accounts is an indicator of someone that has problems and probably not worth placing trust in.

Harry actually seems like quite a vulnerable guy who has been marked by traumatic life experiences (death of his mother, the Afghan war, growing up in the most f*cked soap opera in the world).

Look at me posting about the British royal family. I should have never binge-watched The Crown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement