Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Roanmore wrote: »
    In addition to this I've read one reason why his support among Republicans is so high is that a lot of moderate Republicans now identify themselves as Independents so his numbers are still high among a shrinking (but still large) base.

Yeah I remember hearing that too, think it may have been Steve Schmitt who said it, but makes sense alright.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

More rumblings of Republican politicians who won't be supporting the Donald (privately of course and from sources)

Not that it matters really as he will likely have more support from republican politicians thus time than last time but still, it's the base size that matters and how effective he is at suppressing the other side's turnout.

I see Colin Powell has come out now and said he cant endorse Trump and will be voting Biden. All we need now is for Condi Rice and Dick Cheney to hop on board and the shark will be truly jumped.

Between the Republicans Voters Against Trump and the Lincoln Project he is certainly going to be facing a lot of attacks from inside his own party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I see Colin Powell has come out now and said he cant endorse Trump and will be voting Biden. All we need now is for Condi Rice and Dick Cheney to hop on board and the shark will be truly jumped.

Between the Republicans Voters Against Trump and the Lincoln Project he is certainly going to be facing a lot of attacks from inside his own party.

And of course, like clockwork, dip**** Donald comes out firing on Twitter, calling him “overrated”. It’s funny that everyone who goes against him is ‘crazy’, ‘unhinged’ ‘do Nothing’ ‘failed’, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

fullstop wrote: »
    And of course, like clockwork, dip**** Donald comes out firing on Twitter, calling him “overrated”. It’s funny that everyone who goes against him is ‘crazy’, ‘unhinged’ ‘do Nothing’ ‘failed’, etc.

More like Pavlov's dog.

fullstop wrote: »

Typical of a malignant narcissist, everybody else is the problem. Never themselves. The thing is, normal people usually cop on to this after some time, logic kicks in but not for narcissists who have had that re-enforced their whole lives.

It's also why he wouldn't see a contradiction in fighting both for and against free speech at the same time.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I will say though, of all the people to come out or who could come out. Colin Powell isn't one I'd have much respect for. His reputation was well and truly tarnished beyond recognition in my eyes after his part in the march toward invasion post 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,485 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I will say though, of all the people to come out or who could come out. Colin Powell isn't one I'd have much respect for. His reputation was well and truly tarnished beyond recognition in my eyes after his part in the march toward invasion post 9/11.

Exactly. So it makes it more amazing that Trump is the line is cannot cross. Tells you something about how seriously he takes the threat of a Trump second term and how bad that would be for the US.

Just because they are rats deserting a sinking ship, doesn't mean the ship isn't sinking.

Indeed, but the optics of a black retired four star general speaking out at this time shouldn't be underestimated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,478 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Indeed, but the optics of a black retired four star general speaking out at this time shouldn't be underestimated.

How many 4 star generals is it now that have criticised him? Three? That says a lot. Those guys are no fools.

How many 4 star generals is it now that have criticised him? Three? That says a lot. Those guys are no fools.

Fair point. Some of the foundations are loosening beneath his feet. This is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Can't verify it, but I read somewhere that Powell backed a series of Democratic Presidential candidates since he left his positions. So I'm not sure what Trump is so shocked over.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Powell has long been an opponent, voted for Clinton in 2016. Yes he is of the Republican line that I would totally oppose but he quite rightly recognises that, Trump is not actually a Republican of the US mould. More important though was Powell declaring that Trump was deviating away from the Constitution of the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Water John wrote: »
    Powell has long been an opponent, voted for Clinton in 2016. Yes he is of the Republican line that I would totally oppose but he quite rightly recognises that, Trump is not actually a Republican of the US mould. More important though was Powell declaring that Trump was deviating away from the Constitution of the US.

Yeah, Powell, Condoleeza Rice, Hank Paulsen and other Bushies said they wouldn't vote for Trump in 2016. So, if they announce a similar position now, it's really no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Actually thought he was doing excellent until the Corona virus and the riots started. Now I see him for what he thoroughly is.

I think he will get re-elected. Who in the right mind would vote for Joe Biden. He is a bigger clown.

Actually thought he was doing excellent until the Corona virus and the riots started. Now I see him for what he thoroughly is.

I think he will get re-elected. Who in the right mind would vote for Joe Biden. He is a bigger clown.

Why is Biden a bigger clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Genuinely interested to hear you explain why you think Biden is a worse option for President than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At this stage it is impossible for anyone to be a bigger clown than Trump. I don't know much about Biden, maybe he would not make a good president, but he has empathy and dignity which already puts him streets ahead of Trump.

Clown might not be the best word to use but he doesn't have the mental capacity to be president of the United states at 77 years old. Some of his interviews have been pretty embarrassing to watch and some of the policies he talks about are just not achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

Clown might not be the best word to use but he doesn't have the mental capacity to be president of the United states at 77 years old. Some of his interviews have been pretty embarrassing to watch and some of the policies he talks about are just not achievable.

And, even if that were true, it would still make him 100 times a better candidate for president than that racist imbecile, Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump is four years younger, have you watched the few interviews he has done? Are you impressed with his performances?

• Advertisement

Trump is four years younger, have you watched the few interviews he has done? Are you impressed with his performances?

Compared to Joe Biden he talks like Morgan Freeman narrating Romeo and Juliet.

abff wrote: »
    And, even if that were true, it would still make him 100 times a better candidate for president than that racist imbecile, Donald Trump.

I wouldn't think so, not for the economy anyway.

Like I said before the coronavirus and the looting started he was doing an excellent job.

I honestly don't think the majority of Americans will vote for the Democrats again.

Compared to Joe Biden he talks like Morgan Freeman narrating Romeo and Juliet.

Lol, sure, ok :rolleyes:

Which of his speeches impressed you the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭abff

I wouldn't think so, not for the economy anyway.

Like I said before the coronavirus and the looting started he was doing an excellent job.

Eh, no he wasn't.

Lol, sure, ok :rolleyes:

Which of his speeches impressed you the most?

Have you listened to Joe Biden go against reporters and trying to get his policies. Its pretty embarrassing. The reporters catch him out every time. Trump can defend himself and his policies.
    abff wrote: »
    Eh, no he wasn't.

Why do you think he wasn't? Because of the wall is it?

I'm not pro trump but you guys are starting to sound like fake news. Just hating on Trump and not giving any apparent reason. I'm not the biggest fan of his now since the Coronavirus and looting now tbh.

Have you listened to Joe Biden go against reporters and trying to get his policies. Its pretty embarrassing. The reporters catch him out every time. Trump can defend himself and his policies.

Why do you think he wasn't? Because of the wall is it?

And Trump is so impressive with reporters? He flaunts off in an huff and that's the odd time when he faces them. The man cannot talk about anything other than himself and the moment he goes off the script written for him it turns into a clùster****.

And Trump is so impressive with reporters? He flaunts off in an huff and that's the odd time when he faces them. The man cannot talk about anything other than himself and the moment he goes off the script written for him it turns into a clùster****.

Better than Joe Biden anyway!!!

Better than Joe Biden anyway!!!

So tell me

What specifically turns you off Biden?

What has Trump done to impress you? What speeches of his made you think "fùck yeah, that man talks sense"

So tell me

What specifically turns you off Biden?

What has Trump done to impress you? What speeches of his made you think "fùck yeah, that man talks sense"

You tell me? All your doing is giving out about Trump without backing it up without any factual information.

What will Biden bring to the table that Trump hasn't?

Why do you hate Trump? I'm not talking about this Twitter, I'm talking about what he has done for the States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I'm not pro trump but you guys are starting to sound like fake news. Just hating on Trump and not giving any apparent reason. I'm not the biggest fan of his now since the Coronavirus and looting now tbh.

There are 222 pages in this thread alone why he is the worst president in history, and he isn't getting any better. If they have to wheel Biden around like Weekend at Bernies he will be a substantial improvement. He will at least get decent people in the cabinet to run the country instead of yes men, kleptocrats and plutocrats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement