Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin buses indicating at stops

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I also mentioned various reasons why after a bus indicates he could be delayed in pulling out. I can understand why another road user might 'assume' the bus indicated early, i would be willing to bet 9 times out of ten (at least) it is because of an unforeseen event like a passenger with insufficient credit, or someone getting off the bus late etc.

If something unforeseen happens, would it not make sense to just turn the indicator off again until the driver is actually ready to pull out?

As i said early in the thread, my default instinct is to let the bus pull out, but sitting behind the bus with the right indicator flashing, flashing, flashing and the bus going nowhere is really irritating and is eroding that default in me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Some of the door brakes are shockingly slow to release....
    I'll be honest I've done it a handful of times under confusion such as bombarded with questions and someone wanting off or on even though doors had been open an age....

Usually though if this happens I would tend to have hand on or near indicator stalk and flick it back as I fully understand nothing worse then letting them out, you see the driver in the mirror doors open and they're dealing with a passenger etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

tnegun wrote: »
    Do you just anticipate it or stop because it might?
    depends

Advertisement