Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭prunudo

It would have been nice if the wrapped up the Griff storyline, had Max exposing the gang and ending up back with Platts watching Elf with Shona and Lily. The writers just drag the storylines out too long, Stephen and Leo is case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I don't entirely agree. The soaps often rush storylines and finish them up quiet neatly and everybody moves on. I think the Griff storyline is good.... and it's being played out slowly with presumably a violent crusendo where Griff dies... but they kind of need Max to stay involved with the racists until then... otherwise the story has no link to Coronation Street. (Spider is only a peripheral Corrie character now). I think Max has become a very interesting character, he's kind of unpredictable and a small bit dangerous (a bit like what David was a few years back)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

His father does come back sniffing around and discovers Leo's phone messages didn't come from Canada but Wetherfield. He gets hit by a van before he can say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Yes he seems very superior around her; don’t think he was like that with Sinead who wasn’t intellectual either! Hate the way soaps change peoples personalities just to suit a storyline.

love the scenes with Ope, she is such a good actor; Ruby not bad either

Each to their own but personally think its an awful storyline, being played out by bad unconvincing actors and the writers are dragging it out by adding too many layers. They've got scumbag racists, Max who never seems to get a break, Spider/Toyah love interest, Stu sharing a navy connection with Griff, Maria doing her charity/community work, and now bringing a corrupt politican into it.

Every scene in Corrie seems to involve crime. Since the writers took Jacob away from the drug dealer angle he's become a far better character but no, just as he's turned a corner they bring in his dodgy Dad.

Hope listening to her murdering father's tape, Sam visiting his mother's murderer, Stephen swindling people and hiding Leo's death, Summer taking the strange couple's money who are equally suspect. Even look at the Daniel/Daisy story, it appears they're setting her up to have a stalker.

Its all awfully negative and needlessly dark lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DT2016

Corrie is never good over Christmas they always do happy, comedy Christmas. Same goes for Emmerdale but lately they’ve been going down the Eastenders route

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Those two that Summer is staying with are so creepy.

Summer is annoying she looks like a 12 year old lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stevens nice person voice cuts through me like a hot knife through butter

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its clear shes gunna get locked up and turned into a baby production unit. But why the fùck do any of us need to see it. Leave the 3 of them happy out together, Summer seems delighted with the idea.

She was smart enough for Oxford for so leave her be.

• Advertisement

If Stephen says ''that's absurd'' one more time I going to scream

Teddy got a fair whack, was like something out of final destination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sally's semi-curtsey, semi-bow and scuttle out of Carla's office was funny.

How many people have been knocked down on the little street!!

so have summer and Aaron split up? Was wondering who is supposed to be the biological father of the proposed surrogate baby.

am hoping Stephen is being written out.. he is headwrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Are Billy and Todd not together anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Its unclear, who's doing what to who in the fun boy three (Billy, Todd, Paul) household 🤷‍♂️ all I can say is, no wonder Summer is soo messed up ? 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭threetrees

Stephen is a dreadful baddie. They are all thick on Coronation Street if they keep believing his spoofs. Think Gail is the only smart one, never thought I'd say that!

Teddy is awake so and Sean forgiving Todd he’s stole or tried to kiss every boyfriend he’s ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jennie McAlpine(Fiz) is six months pregnant. So, they'll need to write her out of it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Am not quite sure if Summer is pregnant or not at this stage? Why is she staying with that couple?

• Advertisement

She’s not pregnant but she’s planning to as a way to repay the 10,000 pounds she took for Aaron dad’s rehab which lasted all of 5 minutes when he go out.

I don’t see why they need to write out characters when pregnant or on break. There’s always some stupid storyline “Cilla broke her leg” bla bla bla can’t she just disappear offscreen and same for Shona she’s going in a football trip with lily for months. So stupid.

Just disappear and reappear eventually no need for these silly stories.

Nina '' I must save Roy''

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Brian (did I get the name correct) tells the other girl to call an ambulance...then proceeds to do an impression of one "Nina....Nina....Nina.."

Tired of Chesney and Gemma and there never ending povo storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Could he get a job in the knicker factory, even the village idiot got a promotion there recently!

It seems like after giving Summer a personality transplant, the writers now are working on Nina. She seems to talking down to Roy more and more these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

That comedy fall by Spider just made me snort my cuppa up my nose!

Lily doesn’t really look like she has the ‘physique’ for being a good mini footballer, very last minute for Shona to be getting six weeks leave from the cafe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Pipmae

So I assume the baliffs clearing out the house in front of Summer is all an act to coerce Summer into going through with the surrogate pregnancy.

Advertisement