Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

went away to london to do football training / academy with Shona ... because Shona IRL was having a baby ...

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Shona went with her, it was the actresses actor's or whatever out as she had a baby in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

David gets fantastic lines, I really enjoyed the quips from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DT2016

So daisy gives Carla back her 100K and keeps stephans 147K to buy half the pub with Jenny? or will she keep the entire 247K for herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The money isn't just magically sitting on the laptop. Its presumably in some kind of online account where you would hope there is more security than just "Tofino"? and they will require some two step verification before allowing a draw down of the loot. Eg. A code texted to a phone number.

PS. In 2023 a password needs to be at least 8 characters long and have both numeric and alphanumeric characters. "Tofino" would be rejected straight away. No problem for Twilight Zone Corrie though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Pity they didn't have a Forest Gump moment where Daisy is sitting on the bench and Audrey violently slam dunks the Journal into the bin from 20 yards, sending pages flying all sides.... and a single page floats gently onto Daisy's lap titled "Passwords" 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭prunudo

Would have been more believable than her working it out from a postcard.

Tim and Peter on the hot tub. Strangely good scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Angry Daniel is very creepy.

Run, Daisy, run!

here, that Stephen's ex-wife the american(canadian?) one has fallen off the edge of world hasnt she - where was she for Stephen's funeral , and is she not a partner in that dodgy 'seagul enterprises' thing?

so, Have they forgotten about the time they were behind the bar when Jenny & daisy run the Rovers and it was dead as a doornail and they also went out into the Ginnals and found that lot drinking in the back gardens and them moaning how dead it was in the pub, so what makes them sure they can make a profit this time?

also if they 'pay every penny back' to Carla she is going to know what they were up to and fuming that they did not give the money back to her straight away, and I can hear essence of "so you bought your pub with money stolen from my account!"

As sure as night follows days, the decision to not come clean with Carla, will lead to trouble for Jenny and Daisy in the future

Daniel always been creepy it’s just been forgotten pushing Ken down the stairs and the whole Bethany / Sinead thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that it for Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

And he was obsessed with Nicky the sex worker and stole money from jiggle it Geoff to give to her. I think he thought that Geoff might have been with her in the past.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I reckon they just wanted Ryan out of the way for a bit while Daniel and Daisy play out the death throws of their relationship. I assume Daisy and Ryan will get together eventually but it wouldn't look great if they just got together now because Daniel dumped her.

I much prefer Alya and Ryan

Daisy is a nasty piece of work, always has been

• Advertisement

what has Carla bought himself then do we reckon? - a trip around the world on a yacht? or something like that?

I have zero interest in the Baileys storylines

Lily seems to be trying into Faye and could be taller than David 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

A two week holiday in Butlins in Bogner Regus!

haha - that will bring back his meaning in life 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Corrie has not been great recently at all. Where is Alina? Or course she can't return without Fizz either. Just so many storylines they could make more interesting.

Daisy and Jenny ain’t gonna last you can see Daisy when Jenny said no one takes my pub and her face not looking impressed.

Dup

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Surely even Weatherfield plod would be sniffing around Jenny, with a connection to Stephen suddenly being easily able to buy the Rovers?

Not to mention sudden large bank transfers attracting the interest of money laundering sections and Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The scene in the shop with Daisy and Jenny telling the two biggest gossipers about trying to buy the pub back was ridiculous. Then later Jenny was shocked that Carla had heard about it was also ridiculous. I’d love if Gemma and “The Quads” could go on a lovely long holiday. The situation with shuffling them around constantly is stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh definitely that would be even better because then they’d probably take gormless grumpy Chesney away with them too😀

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Barbie2k23

How come Corrie or Emmerdale ain’t on for an hour Xmas day

Probably know Eastenders are going to wipe the floor with them rating wise and just aren't bothering.

Disgrace we aren’t getting hour long episodes first time in 29 year this has happened. We are getting extra episodes during the week but still.

Jenny sold the pub as it was making losses. She got a wad of money for that. Now she's buying it back with stolen money - how much of the original cash has she left?

Why would she buy a loss making pub? Because it's in her blood? Eh no. She's only in the pub 6 years or so, I don't count that as "in the blood".

I would absolutely love a reintroduction of Vicki the posh granddaughter of Alec Gilroy, she married Steve McDonald as a teenager, or at least very young.

She'd be ideal to come back as a rich lady, who buys the pub and sends a few ripples down the street.

Scriptwriters are you listening?

• Advertisement

Actually yes. Have the scriptwriters forgotten that Jenny sold the pub about 2-3 months ago because it was loss making, now she is buying it back presumably at a higher price than she sold it for... or is it Daisy who is buying the pub and just hiring Jenny to help her run it? (because Jenny did such a great job originally).

The real reason of course is both Jenny and Daisy have no reason to be hanging around Coronation street if they don't have the pub. Jenny is unemployed and renting a room off (?) and Daisy is unemployed and crashing with Jenny in the house share after getting booted out by Daniel.

They don't own pubs in the UK. If she bought anything it's the lease, which doesn't cost that much, and she wouldn't have gotten that much in return for it. The breweries own the pubs, and the buildings. If she's needing a mortgage size amount of money to buy it now it's probably a case of the brewery selling the freehold, which would mean Jenny would then own the while building.

(I've only been half paying attention to Corrie lately so I could be completely wrong on that)

Its actually hard to know what the exact situation is because they haven't really explained what Jenny was selling and how much she got.... but your explanation actually does sound about right.

Of course, its still nuts to sell a loss making lease hold to then go back and buy the actual pub.

No, it doesn't make sense from Jenny's POV. At least when she was just running it she wasn't financially at risk if it failed. No idea why she thinks she'd be able to make enough money out of it now. Although, she's not exactly planning on paying for it out of her own pocket, I suppose, but even then she'd be solely responsible for all the running costs and what not.

I get that they like to shake things up every now and then with the pub but I don't know why they shut it down just to have the same people end up back in it. Maybe they needed the space on the stages for other sets or something. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was it not sold by Newton and Ridley and sold to a buyer who were going to make the staff reapply for their own jobs?

• Advertisement

they - (the new owners) were going to flatten it and make flats . Jenny sentiments got in the way of that one - maybe sentiments over profit . But its a silly storyline, shut down the pub then open it up again with the same ones running the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Must be getting their storylines from Fair City...😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This character is exiting in Summer 2024.

Alex Bain who plays Simon Barlow.

Serious case of small man syndrome from his character lately.

Is the footballer Tommy staying permanently

Best part was Todd, love him

They should write it that Tommy O has an affair with Tracy Barlow haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There was certainly chemistry between the pair last night.

I wonder what will they do with him?

Knowing how goofey Steve acts in the soap she would most probably say "Steve babe I have been unfaithful" and then him in his carry on voice will go "ok who is he I am gonna punch his lights out!!" - and then she says " its with Tommy" and then he says "Tommy who" then she says "Tommy O , he is a footballer" and then he goes "THE Tommy O ?" - then she says "yes, steve please dont be angry" and then he goes "you should have said it was Tommy O - he is a legend , you can have his babies if you want .... can you get me his autograph and a VIP ticket for me and Tim?"

• Advertisement
Advertisement