Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Have you looked at West Ham's fixtures for the dgwk?!

Absolutely. Use of bench fodder which happens to be West Ham players might sneak a few extra points, maybe not against Pool but they are home. for tother one they’ve defended a lot better. Fab will do ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Use of bench fodder which happens to be West Ham players might sneak a few extra points, maybe not against Pool but they are home. for tother one they’ve defended a lot better. Fab will do ok.

Fair enough, hope it works out for you! I won't be getting any West Ham in, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Kane to Jiminez for my FT

Ramsdale
    TAA Lundstram VVD
    Mane Maddison Grealish De Bruyne (c)
    Vardy Jimi Ings

Button Kelly Dunk Dendonker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Minamino playing very far forward. Thoughts on his game time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

miller82 wrote: »
    Minamino playing very far forward. Thoughts on his game time ?

Minimal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Within two weeks I have to sell one of my strikers to raise a small bit of cash
    It will probably have to be Ings
    It then comes down to maupay or DCL
    Can’t even believe I am typing that. Do not rate DCL at all but he is in form and his fixtures suit my short term plan
    But I still don’t know if I can do it
    If I was going to get him then it may as well be this week given his fixture and Ings .........

I like maupay more as a player but maybe I should just go with it........
    Feels like a mistake though

Looking again at fixtures I am not loving my keepers fixtures at all .......maybe I should double up on pool defence instead of midfield
    Much easier to do and won’t cost me 4 points
    Tough one .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Who to bring in for 2 GWs, Jimenez or Abraham? Going to wildcard after that ahead in Liverpool DGW.

I'm considering Rashford, Mount and Cresswell to Ayew, De Bruyne and Dunk. (4 point hit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Had done Cilson -> DCL the other day. He had a great chance of a header today that he missed from point blank range and the loss today could be terribly demoralising. But on the other hand, there is no better way to get over a bad defeat and that is to win the next game....he is the main striker now too. Cheapest route into Everton attacking points.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Had done Cilson -> DCL the other day. He had a great chance of a header today that he missed from point blank range and the loss today could be terribly demoralising. But on the other hand, there is no better way to get over a bad defeat and that is to win the next game....he is the main striker now too. Cheapest route into Everton attacking points.
    He is
    But he isn’t very good
    That’s why he missed the header

I’m not sure I can do it
    But I might have to

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    He is
    But he isn’t very good
    That’s why he missed the header

I’m not sure I can do it
    But I might have to

The way I looked at it is I have Ings & Vardy for a while. Cilson was doing nothing at all for me and the more punty of the 3. I may aswell take another punt, so I decided to take the one that is in form and his value is only going in one direction in him so while I may only get 2 or 5 points from him every week, but I have the chance to also gain 0.1m potentially.

FitzShane wrote: »
    The way I looked at it is I have Ings & Vardy for a while. Cilson was doing nothing at all for me and the more punty of the 3. I may aswell take another punt, so I decided to take the one that is in form and his value is only going in one direction in him so while I may only get 2 or 5 points from him every week, but I have the chance to also gain 0.1m potentially.

Absolutely
    I’m more talking about my own
    Not sure I can sell Ings for him

Now I see zaha is a doubt so may have to do that transfer first anyway
    But unlikely to play the fodder I’d bring in .........

Palace are absolutely crippled with injuries now

Within two weeks I have to sell one of my strikers to raise a small bit of cash
    It will probably have to be Ings
    It then comes down to maupay or DCL
    Can’t even believe I am typing that. Do not rate DCL at all but he is in form and his fixtures suit my short term plan
    But I still don’t know if I can do it
    If I was going to get him then it may as well be this week given his fixture and Ings .........

I like maupay more as a player but maybe I should just go with it........
    Feels like a mistake though

Looking again at fixtures I am not loving my keepers fixtures at all .......maybe I should double up on pool defence instead of midfield
    Much easier to do and won’t cost me 4 points
    Tough one .......

Going 2 x LFC defenders or 2 x midfielders is a huge call for everyone. So much hangs on it.

With it being so tough to call I’m thinking just go with the cheaper double up of defenders but I can’t get away from wanting to own Mane and Salah.

Choosing the right 3 LFC players will have a huge impact on our season because of the monies involved and the FT’s or hits we’ll need to do it.

Also the ability to strike a balance to our team is huge if your going TAA, Mane and Salah.

I’d like those 3 but also Son and KDB and that’s just not possible with Vardy being an absolute must have.

Going 2 x LFC defenders or 2 x midfielders is a huge call for everyone. So much hangs on it.

With it being so tough to call I’m thinking just go with the cheaper double up of defenders but I can’t get away from wanting to own Mane and Salah.

Choosing the right 3 LFC players will have a huge impact on our season because of the monies involved and the FT’s or hits we’ll need to do it.

Also the ability to strike a balance to our team is huge if your going TAA, Mane and Salah.

I’d like those 3 but also Son and KDB and that’s just not possible with Vardy being an absolute must have.

This is the problem
    I have a really good Squad now and flexibility to go whatever way I want with two transfers
    Which is prob why I’ll bank this week

If I go down the slash route then all flexibility is gone
    But of course I’ll have my WC which I would usually have played before 24 !!!!

I will have to decide by Friday
    Oops sorry I mean Saturday ;)

Absolutely
    I’m more talking about my own
    Not sure I can sell Ings for him

Now I see zaha is a doubt so may have to do that transfer first anyway
    But unlikely to play the fodder I’d bring in .........

Palace are absolutely crippled with injuries now

I think Zaha will play. He’ll also be trying to put on a show if there really is interest in him from other clubs.

I’d have Maupay, every day, over DCL.

Much more natural finisher. Brighton are playing good football and they should only get better the more the season goes on.

When I see Maupay play he looks very similar to Aguero for me. Shape, size, movement, striking the ball and the opportunities he takes and attempts. So it’s like a Kun lite for half the price.

Of course the other very simple option would be Vardy to firmino that week
    Find him a very underwhelming FF option though
    And would then captain mane who I have anyway
    If I bring in salah I would captain him especially if Milner is out

I think Zaha will play. He’ll also be trying to put on a show if there really is interest in him from other clubs.

I’d have Maupay, every day, over DCL.

Much more natural finisher. Brighton are playing good football and they should only get better the more the season goes on.

When I see Maupay play he looks very similar to Aguero for me. Shape, size, movement, striking the ball and the opportunities he takes and attempts. So it’s like a Kun lite for half the price.

Brighton have 3 away games in the 4 weeks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think it's more than possible, but you may not be happy with the balance of team, for example you should be able to get

Fab, 4.0 keeper
    TAA, Holgate, Kelly, Rico, Cathcart,
    KdB, Salah, Mane, Son, Cantwell
    Vardy, Mousset, Ayew.

Now you can see, that you could downgrade Ayew to Greenwood for instance and upgrade someone else.

Gives strong midfield, Vardy + 2 guarantee forwards starting. Obv going with Robbo over one of Salah/Mane, means maybe having a strong 2nd striker, or have Ings + DCL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Going to do Heaton to Fabianski

Brighton have 3 away games in the 4 weeks though

The last time they didn’t score away from home was against Chelsea in very late September.

Since then they have scored away to -

Villa, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace and Spurs.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think it's more than possible, but you may not be happy with the balance of team, for example you should be able to get

Fab, 4.0 keeper
    TAA, Holgate, Kelly, Rico, Cathcart,
    KdB, Salah, Mane, Son, Cantwell
    Vardy, Mousset, Ayew.

Now you can see, that you could downgrade Ayew to Greenwood for instance and upgrade someone else.

Gives strong midfield, Vardy + 2 guarantee forwards starting. Obv going with Robbo over one of Salah/Mane, means maybe having a strong 2nd striker, or have Ings + DCL.

I’ve had it in my mind to own Cantwell and Connolly and play one of them each week, whomever has the better fixture. That’s placing a lot of faith in those two guys though.

It also means selling Abraham and Jimenez to be able to afford it. I’d hate to sell Jimenez but if they progress in the FA cup and with their European games coming up I may consider it.

I’d hate to own either Mousset or Ayew so I would buy Maupay and Connolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would disagree with Vardy being a must have anymore. I think Leicester could drop back a bit in their performances. Even in their title winning season they tightened up a lot after Christmas. I expect more clean sheets and less goals for both them and Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭Shedite27

gammygils wrote: »
    Going to do Heaton to Fabianski
    Similarly, did Pope to Fabianski before Pope's imminent price drop. Fabianski is a great man for the save and bonus points, and WH hopefully will tighten up. The DGW makes up for the bad fixtures (I'd fancy him to get 6 points total in the DGW).
    Green&Red wrote: »
    I would disagree with Vardy being a must have anymore. I think Leicester could drop back a bit in their performances. Even in their title winning season they tightened up a lot after Christmas. I expect more clean sheets and less goals for both them and Liverpool.
    I agree up to a point, they could get decimated in January - rumours of Soyuncu to City, Maddison to United, Ricardo to Barca and Chilwell to Chelsea. Vardy will inevitably slow down, but timing it right is a tough one. Before the Liverpool game he didn't blank in 10 games, and he has a tasty fixture list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can someone remind me what is gonna happen on Thursday when Son’s price is unfrozen? Does he go back to 0 or will he come in at some crazy high percentage?

CSF wrote: »
    Can someone remind me what is gonna happen on Thursday when Son’s price is unfrozen? Does he go back to 0 or will he come in at some crazy high percentage?

He has already reset to zero.

Unless I misunderstanding your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Similarly, did Pope to Fabianski before Pope's imminent price drop. Fabianski is a great man for the save and bonus points, and WH hopefully will tighten up. The DGW makes up for the bad fixtures (I'd fancy him to get 6 points total in the DGW).

I agree up to a point, they could get decimated in January - rumours of Soyuncu to City, Maddison to United, Ricardo to Barca and Chilwell to Chelsea. Vardy will inevitably slow down, but timing it right is a tough one. Before the Liverpool game he didn't blank in 10 games, and he has a tasty fixture list.

Thanks for the heads up, looks like today is the day.

Had been trying to delay on this to see how much money was needed for Liverpool assets. Some decent options out there - Fab, McCarthy and Ryan

Shedite27 wrote: »

I think it's highly unlikely that 1 of them gets sold, let alone 4 of them in one go, in January. They are not stuck for money either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He has already reset to zero.

Unless I misunderstanding your question.

I mean any transfers he gets while he’s locked, when he unlocks does he remain at zero or will those accumulated transfers compile upon his unlocking? Meaning a likely rise on Thursday or Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Think I'll be going down the 2 LFC defenders route. Hard work for me to get the 2 premium mids in without too much disruption elsewhere

• Advertisement

Think I'll be going down the 2 LFC defenders route. Hard work for me to get the 2 premium mids in without too much disruption elsewhere

Both my keepers have bad fixtures gw24
    I think I’ll just save a load of messing and get Alisson
    Will have serious salah fear though .......
    Hhmmmm
    Maybe not
    Agghhhh

Advertisement