Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M3 Toll Price Increase

• 30-12-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

The M3 toll is due to increase in price by 10 cent on 1st January 2020.

Price will be €1.50 for cars and €0.80 for motorcycles.

The increase comes into effect at both of the tolls on the M3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Markey1 wrote: »
    The M3 toll is due to increase in price by 10 cent on 1st January 2020.

Price will be €1.50 for cars and €0.80 for motorcycles.

The increase comes into effect at both of the tolls on the M3.

Pure greed now on this motorway, especially having 2 tolls. I avoid these tolls as much as I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

chewed wrote: »
    Pure greed now on this motorway, especially having 2 tolls. I avoid these tolls as much as I can.

Imagine having to partly subsidise your journey! Outrageous that's for the povs in public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Where I live it's a 15 mins drive to get to any public transport and as my commute is 45 mins total, I just drive. However I pass one of these tolls on the M3 every day and really have no choice but to take the price increase hit as I don't have time to battle through Navan traffic at rush hour.

Minsters and TD's can harp on about moving people to public transport but for a lot of us, we have to use cars/motorbikes/vans and have no option but to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

There was a method to the Governments not to extend the Navan Rail line past Pace!
    A knife put to taxpayers throats to give your hard earned money to toll operators with no reasonable alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

chewed wrote: »
    Imagine having to partly subsidise your journey! Outrageous that's for the povs in public transport!

I've no problem with paying tolls, the benefit of shortening travel is easily justified from my perspective. With the M3, my issue is with 2 tolls costing €1.50 each for 40km of motorway.

You can get from Dublin to Galway, Limerick or Cork with 1 toll for €1.90, but it costs €3 to get from Dublin to Kells? Need to get beyond that, then you're back to national roads after that - not sure where the value is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

You can get from Dublin to Galway, Limerick or Cork with 1 toll for €1.90, but it costs €3 to get from Dublin to Kells? Need to get beyond that, then you're back to national roads after that - not sure where the value is there.

Limerick yes, but not Cork 3.8€ (Portlaoise / Fermoy 1.9€ each) or Galway 4.8€ (Enfield 2.9€ / Athenry 1.9€)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've no problem with paying tolls, the benefit of shortening travel is easily justified from my perspective. With the M3, my issue is with 2 tolls costing €1.50 each for 40km of motorway.

It's not about value is about discouraging you from driving unless you have to.

This is why the port tunnel is €10 during peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

beauf wrote: »
    It's not about value is about discouraging you from driving unless you have to.

This is why the port tunnel is €10 during peak times.

Why would it be about discouraging you from driving when the government have to make up any shortfall from the tolls to private operators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Who knows none of it makes sense.

Maybe they have to pay for a printer somewhere... That they won't use.

Advertisement