Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was it really worth it after fees. Tiny amount of profit made there

Yeah probably €5, ill be honest more for the novelty. I had time to sit and watch it which i normally don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Yeah probably €5, ill be honest more for the novelty. I had time to sit and watch it which i normally don't have.

Buy a lotto ticket with that €5. Use these numbers: 10,12, 26, 31, 35, 39

Regards,

Person from the future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jams100 wrote: »
    Probably the best advice in this thread, easy to be sucked into the traps. Have set prices myself :)

I think market will drop more over the next few months as people realise the true effects of these lockdowns and probable second waves, especially for America.
    Anyone else expecting a sell off this evening?

Expecting it to receed from its current +2% level, usual Friday evening sell into the close, but that's fairly standard in these uncertain Fridays (people not wanting to hold over the weekend in case America cases spiking)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Buy a lotto ticket with that €5. Use these numbers: 10,12, 26, 31, 35, 39

Regards,

Person from the future

Will split the winnings with you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Looking to invest in some spacs but only some are on degiro. Is there a reaaon they would only list some?

They dont list OPES but have FMCI and GPAQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Shedite27 wrote: »
    the new retail investors are a drop in the ocean compared to the institutions. They're not the ones moving the market up 40% in 3 months
    Robinhood has more than 10 million customers whose average age is 31.

It has been having an outsized impact on stock trading. An analyst at Deutsche Bank recently examined Robinhood trading data and found that small investors were behind much of the recent buying in the stock market, so that what we used to call the “smart money” is “now chasing” the day traders. Talk about the caboose pulling the train!

Gone are the days of COVID-19 lockdowns and fears of bodies piling up in emergency rooms. Long forgotten are the 40 million unemployed Americans, the 40% of businesses that may not reopen and the “long road” to recovery that a gloomy Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell laid out in his news conference Wednesday. And don’t even think about the new wave of coronavirus cases and hospitalizations we’re seeing in at least a dozen U.S. states. Oh, no, instead the day traders are sampling and remixing those hits of the 1930s, “We’re in the Money” and “Happy Days Are Here Again.”
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/low-information-investors-rule-the-stock-market-at-least-until-they-lose-every-cent-2020-06-11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yep saw the same article yesterday.

Basically institutional investors largely retreated from the market given the mess; and at the same time individual investors were stuck at home with nothing to do and received their stimulus check (in the US). With all sporting events people would usually bet money on being canceled and Robinhood making it easy to bu shares (including fractional) with no fees.

Perfect storm to give individual investors a lot more influence than they usually have.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 tamova

Is anyone actually buying at the moment or waiting for further drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

tamova wrote: »

Taking a back seat, i think with the protests the covid numbers may start spiking again over the weekend, plus the bounce was crazy. Coupled with yesterdays dumping, we are nowhere near normal yet. Could be back to march lows or worse if pessimism really bites, Mr Market is crazed in both directions.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭peterofthebr

im on sidelines...stuff is just still overvalued...
    ..but dont fight the FED...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have some orders in where I would set my stop losses on a few..other than that sitting tight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I wouldnt be interested in any significant buy, especially not on a Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'm selling the bumps and setting up stop-losses

EDIT: actually have an order in for Slack if it hits 29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Na...especially with weekend nope...may be if there was 20% drop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

retalivity wrote: »
    I'm selling the bumps and setting up stop-losses

EDIT: actually have an order in for Slack if it hits 29

nice i bought some a few minutes ago - just a starter position, i can see it going down a bit more so will be adding more at 27.56, 24.50 and 20

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/4/21280829/slack-amazon-aws-partnership-amazon-chime-voice-video-calls

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭global23214124

Bought American Airlines recently but it's a bit of a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

We need RIGOLO back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

I’m itching to buy stocks, but really trying my best to hold off until next year. There’s just so many possible catalysts for stock markets to go down and very few for them to go up. No deal brexit now pretty much a certainty, another covid19 wave coming in 3 months, Biden possibly being elected in US which will spook markets....

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

kerplun k wrote: »
    We need RIGOLO back.

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Sold all my positions after the fall thursday.
    Its just too volatile for my risk zone at the moment.
    Made some good profits n lost most of them on some silly shorts. In the end I closed out break even overall.

Learned alot though n will be back in if another crash happens. The prices atm just seem crazy high to me given the context. Total disconnect from economics. Wish everyone here much profit..n maybe a crash hehe.

Was very interesting to see some stocks bullet proof during all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Harpon wrote: »
    I’m itching to buy stocks, but really trying my best to hold off until next year. There’s just so many possible catalysts for stock markets to go down and very few for them to go up. No deal brexit now pretty much a certainty, another covid19 wave coming in 3 months, Biden possibly being elected in US which will spook markets....
    They've been saying this since 2016.

Look at the gains since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭sk8board

Harpon wrote: »

You’re trying to time an algorithmic-based market price based on unquantifiable reasoning and personal assumptions.

time IN the market always beats trying to time the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Bad news out of Beijing today, randomly tested 547 in a market, 47 positive for COVID. Beginning to think March drops will be surpassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dazza181

AmberGold wrote: »
    Bad news out of Beijing today, randomly tested 547 in a market, 47 positive for COVID. Beginning to think March drops will be surpassed.

Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Another lockdown won't be as severe as the last, we've learned how to control it so it would be probably be similar to how we are now some industries will struggle and there will be an impact but nothing like March IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

tnegun wrote: »
    Another lockdown won't be as severe as the last, we've learned how to control it so it would be probably be similar to how we are now some industries will struggle and there will be an impact but nothing like March IMHO.
    There's no controlling it.

This is going to last years. Big question is whether the world will get a second dose come Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

tnegun wrote: »
    Yeah, last time we went into complete lockdown to give health a chance to catchup, now that we have testing, contact tracing, and the A&E beds to manage it, another breakout wouldn't go full lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Exactly we know the drill now and what we need to do if we need another lockdown it won't be a patch on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    There's no controlling it.

This is going to last years. Big question is whether the world will get a second dose come Winter.

I think we will 100% will get a second dose. Most people get a cold/flu anyway, so I think a lot more will get COVID.

Every September without fail, I get a flu. But I finally found a cure last yea- Lemsip + hot whiskey.

Advertisement