Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the 12 th man

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He was like.... and I was like... and he was like.... road safety ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Is this the one about not texting while driving?

If so I found it kind of odd. It starts off with some guy whatsappjng her about how hot she is and how she’s letting him come over for a bit of extra curricular activity. I was sure it was going to be one of those “NO MEANS NO” ads. Obviously the guy met a bad end because he was texting her but, again, it sounds like she didn’t know him to have not heard anything. So again on one hand you have ads informing men and women about what’s appropriate and what’s not in a consent frame but you’ve another government ad where shoe woman invite a lad who she barely knows over to the house for a bit of Netflix and chill. Mad.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I too would like to voice my distane for the new Corsa advert!

Is it utterly ridiculous?

Corsa is it! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 38,764 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Is this the most annoying bleedin' advert?"

"Yes, of Corsa."

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I like the cords ad. It’s kind of stood but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Specsavers. Stupid woman looking at the TV when the sensible man says that you are looking at next door's shed through the window. Also sensible man points out to stupid woman that she should get a hearing aid as well.

Now I've reversed the sexes from the actual ad (which is ridiculously stupid anyway). Do you think my version would be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

As the title suggests also can mention the BEST radio ads. The quality of writing and production in the late 80s in Ireland was amazing on the Superpirates. The Sandeman Hot Port ads? The Evening Herald ads? Thd Gap Sale?

The writing, production quality and casting in Australia - Sydney, New York and London as well as Paris tends to be world class.

Here there is a cartel or click and its a few agencies making "all the ads" employing out of work / Fair City actors to irritatingly voice the most ridiculous scripts. Most of the voices sound like they threw the duvet back as they arose fron bed on the day of recording as they assert "I'M A VOICEOVER!!"

MOAR na Mona/Bord na Mona whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yep, that one also grinds my gears!!

On the Corsa ad...I'm thinking they are trying to create a "90's" style ad, in the hope of making people think of the Corsa's heyday...they were everywhere back then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭plodder

It certainly grabs your attention and we're all talking about it ...

I heard today that a load of great new deals have dropped at Woodies.

I just hope it was nothing fragile and they were able to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Opel corsa Ad .I'll second that. Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Completely sums up what I have thought for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Board na Mona Advert:

"The world today has become a little more .... more"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

It's MOAR!

The Irish version is out "knees moe...knees moe.....knees moe.....knees moe".

Lidl: Fight the patriarchy by going to womens' football. Ffs women themselves won't even go to womens' football unless there's a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Jesus that Opel Corsa ad is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

Given that smug voiceover I was expecting some virtue signalling from some multi national bank trying to Big Up then buying the soccer team some jerseys or Mars bars , and instead , and instead I’m get a bunch of finger wagging to go see a sport I don’t give a hot snot about .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

it is. and so were the 'aussie shouting' harvey norman ads 20 years ago when they arrived in Ireland.

but they grabbed our attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Fair enough, but I must add I've never been in a harvey norman.

And I will purposely never by an Opel Corsa after having to listen to that ad. I hate all car ads tbh, there seems to be a never ending stream of them and they're all shite.

• Advertisement

public service adverts (Garda recruitment, HSE) aired in Irish and English since Christmas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭waywill1966

On local radio in the north west there is an advert for the Hollyrood Hotel and the lady who does the voiceover has the most gorgeous Donegal accent,heard her on other adverts too!

There's farm safety ads too, these should be done in English, the language that every farmer understands, it's a nonsense they're in Irish only.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

the guy doing the Gaiety ads, certainly puts the HAM in Amateur Dramatics

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It is one of the most annoying ads I have heard in years.

Fcuk you and your "Yes of Corsa"🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Not just public service ads, private companies too like Electric Ireland. Find the whole idea pointless given how few will understand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

With all this talk of the CORSA ad! - finally I heard a cut of it on air! Its all up and down the levels on it! Who mixed it? All over da gaff! It was like something from 1987 (when you had no need almost to advertise a Corsa!)

What is it with folk who wake up, (during the pandemic maybe) and say "I'm a voiceover"!!!!!! ???? Hey GREAT!

Now all you have to do is convince the listener!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Another one to add to the list of stupid husband/exasperated but tolerant wife collection.

Them, off to Australia (Bondi beach, Ayers Rock, etc) but what does the thick husband do? Books flights to Austria 🙄

"Should have gone to Specsavers"

Advertisement