Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value wood in Galway

Options
  • 27-12-2019 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking to work on a few DIY projects around the house. Want to build shelves for my garage and do a few other bits. Anyone know where the best place is to buy wood value wise and whether they will deliver. Completely new to it all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You may wanna check in Woodcraft this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

I got some 4x2s from Chadwicks recently. €5.30 each for 2.4m length of white deal. Delivery is €20. There’s not a lot on the website but call them and they’ll tell you what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Worth considering places outside the city for this, too.

For example, I know that Joyce's in Headford and Flynn's of Lackagh deliver and have competitive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Somewhere closest to where you're living will probably do the best price on delivery . I shop in most of the hardwares around Galway and there never seems to be a massive difference in timber prices between them .
    Higgins' in Shantalla would be good if you are close to that side
    Chadwicks would be good too as they have the paneling centre there so they might have a bit more choice of worktops or carcasses for shelving gables or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Thanks all. That's a good steer. I'm in Roscam so will check out Chadwicks

• Advertisement
Advertisement