Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Best value wood in Galway

• 27-12-2019 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ Faze11

Hi all

Looking to work on a few DIY projects around the house. Want to build shelves for my garage and do a few other bits. Anyone know where the best place is to buy wood value wise and whether they will deliver. Completely new to it all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

You may wanna check in Woodcraft this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭ el_gaucho

I got some 4x2s from Chadwicks recently. €5.30 each for 2.4m length of white deal. Delivery is €20. There’s not a lot on the website but call them and they’ll tell you what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ aw

Worth considering places outside the city for this, too.

For example, I know that Joyce's in Headford and Flynn's of Lackagh deliver and have competitive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭ Bullocks

Somewhere closest to where you're living will probably do the best price on delivery . I shop in most of the hardwares around Galway and there never seems to be a massive difference in timber prices between them .
    Higgins' in Shantalla would be good if you are close to that side
    Chadwicks would be good too as they have the paneling centre there so they might have a bit more choice of worktops or carcasses for shelving gables or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ Faze11

Thanks all. That's a good steer. I'm in Roscam so will check out Chadwicks

• Advertisement
Advertisement