Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 year old jameson

• 25-12-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have an unopened bottle of 12 year old Jameson in the red tube.
    I have heard they have discontinued it and I was wondering if anyone knew the value of it now and if it is likely to increase in value in the next few years.
    Any information would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

R2potat2 wrote: »
    I have an unopened bottle of 12 year old Jameson in the red tube.
    I have heard they have discontinued it and I was wondering if anyone knew the value of it now and if it is likely to increase in value in the next few years.
    Any information would be appreciated

https://irishwhiskeyauctions.ie/ultimate-auction/jameson-12-year-old-distillery-reserve-18/

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 R2potat2

Thanks for the reply but that isn't the one I have. This is the one I have

• Registered Users Posts: 33,380 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

R2potat2 wrote: »
    This is the one I have not the one in the link

I have a few myself from different decades but none the same as yours, they often released them in different packaging/presentation depending on where they were to be sold.

The most recent 12 year old one that they stopped producing was selling for around 100-125 euro two or three years ago.

You could probably pick up a 1980's version of the 12 year old in the cardboard box for the same money in an auction, even though they are rare enough.

Basically the longer it spends in the wooden cask the more it is worth, being in a glass bottle for 20 or more years afterwards doesn't add anything to the taste or maturity of the whiskey.

There are plenty whiskey auction sites out there that will give you an idea of what they are selling for, the one I linked will give you a ballpark guide.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

I like whiskey but I would mix it with coke so I wouldn't waste a decent bottle doing that. I will keep it up now or maybe give it to someone as gift who likes to drink it straight.

Advertisement