Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a Leap Card on Bus Eireann

Options
  • 23-12-2019 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if a Leap Card can be used on the 133 (Wicklow to Dublin)?

I phoned Bus Eireann to ask about this specific route, and they said the Leap Card cannot be used on the 133, but I'm not convinced. From what I have read on the Leap Card and Bus Eireann websites I think I will be able to use it.

Does anyone know for certain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah I saw that and it does say all Bus Eireann services. The response from Bus Eireann customer service has me wondering if there are exceptions to this. The guy even put me on hold and checked with a colleague before confirming. I was hoping there was someone out there who has actually used their Leap Card on the 133.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Csalem

The only exception is Expressway. Apart from that it should be valid on all routes, including 133. I used my Leap card on the 133 earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I doubt it.

Bring money just incase.

Leap card is handy but jesus the app is awful. Twice now they've taken money without it being added to my balance and I've to wait 3 to 5 days for a refund just because they're ****ty app didn't do its job properly! Not to mention anytime my bank card comes into contact with my phone it opens up the leap app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah I think it’ll work. Will bring money just in case.

Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement