Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Ganeweek 19 Transfer Thread

1356

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    -4 this week to get Son in. Not great.

    I was willing to go without Liverpool midfield for another 3-4 weeks and just observe. Don’t want to take another drop, Son going down tonight, so I may have to make another hasty decision.

    Might just do Son to Salah and be done with it.

    But I’m not feeling it. Could downgrade Son to a Maddison, Willian/Mount or Grealish and just sit on the money for a few weeks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ franglan


    Zaha out Siggy in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    franglan wrote: »
    Zaha out Siggy in.

    You must love disappointment:D

    And it hurts me to say that


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭ Cypher_sounds


    franglan wrote: »
    Zaha out Siggy in.

    Suigh sios.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ franglan


    km79 wrote: »
    You must love disappointment:D

    And it hurts me to say that

    Hoping for some sort of bounce here.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    klopparama wrote: »
    -4 this week to get Son in. Not great.

    I was willing to go without Liverpool midfield for another 3-4 weeks and just observe. Don’t want to take another drop, Son going down tonight, so I may have to make another hasty decision.

    Might just do Son to Salah and be done with it.

    But I’m not feeling it. Could downgrade Son to a Maddison, Willian/Mount or Grealish and just sit on the money for a few weeks.

    Do it and be done with it
    I think you will be ahead of the curve with salah
    Many like me still have mane and will not be willing to make a transfer to switch mane to salah even if we think its the right move (it may or not be )
    I assume you have mane and are doubling up ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    franglan wrote: »
    Hoping for some sort of bounce here.

    It’s not happening
    Don’t do it
    Siggy is not a viable FF option anymore
    There are so many better options


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭ thunderdog


    My original plan was to steer clear of Liverpool attackers until GW25, but with Sons red I’m tempted to do Son and Rashford out for Salah and Ings

    Although ings May get a rest 1 of the next two games


  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭ Mike3549


    Players im not happy at the moment: zaha, alli, rashford, abraham, but they have a nice run for the next couple of weeks so might do a stupid Pope to some other cheap goalie just because i have 2 ft at the moment and dont want to lose it


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭ Shanotheslayer


    Harry Wilson to Grealish.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    km79 wrote: »
    Do it and be done with it
    I think you will be ahead of the curve with salah
    Many like me still have mane and will not be willing to make a transfer to switch mane to salah even if we think its the right move (it may or not be )
    I assume you have mane and are doubling up ?

    Sold Mane this week for Son as I’d decided I wanted Salah going forward.

    Basically choosing 3 from Salah, Mane, Son and KDB.

    Have Alli but I just have so much fear when Son is playing and I don’t own him that I wanted him to be one of that 3.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    klopparama wrote: »
    Sold Mane this week for Son as I’d decided I wanted Salah going forward.

    Basically choosing 3 from Salah, Mane, Son and KDB.

    Have Alli but I just have so much fear when Son is playing and I don’t own him that I wanted him to be one of that 3.

    So now he is suspended the choice is easy
    Buy salah
    Don’t think I’ve seen a single team with three heavy hitters in midfield
    Never mind one that will have Alli as well

    Post your whole squad so I can copy it :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    Salah does have 6 horrible fixtures coming up.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,548 ✭✭✭✭ extra gravy


    I did Son and Kane to KDB and Jimi. Fully expect KDB to get a rest soon but so be it. Already have Mané and after checking Pool fixtures decided to hold off on the double up. Happy to have Jimi back and be rid of Kane.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    klopparama wrote: »
    Salah does have 6 horrible fixtures coming up.

    Leicster away - not great .....but I feel they maybe have hit a bit of a wall sadly
    2 Home games - doesn’t matter who opponents are . One draw no losses in a year
    Spurs away - ****e defence
    United home - ****e
    Wolves away - that could be tough

    They then have a lovely run but .......may have League more won!
    Don’t overthink it
    Best team in the league by a mile
    Salah looks fit and bang in form
    And not many have him


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭ siblers


    km79 wrote: »
    Don’t do that

    It has been done. I was worried with the price drop.

    I couldn't afford Salah, don't want Maddison, Mount, Martial or Pogba, Mahrez too much of a risk. No idea who else I could have got


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    siblers wrote: »
    It has been done. I was worried with the price drop.

    I couldn't afford Salah, don't want Maddison, Mount, Martial or Pogba, Mahrez too much of a risk. No idea who else I could have got

    I wouldn’t want most of them either but Siggy wouldn’t even whether my thoughts at this stage
    You are signing a player with no form. In and out of the team. A poor team . With a new manager who may or may not fancy him
    Best of luck with it
    I hope it works out for you
    But it’s a huge risk


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭ siblers


    km79 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t want most of them either but Siggy wouldn’t even whether my thoughts at this stage
    You are signing a player with no form. In and out of the team. A poor team . With a new manager who may or may not fancy him
    Best of luck with it
    I hope it works out for you
    But it’s a huge risk

    I signed Alli. I wouldn't go near Siggy


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    siblers wrote: »
    I signed Alli. I wouldn't go near Siggy

    Oops

    I still wouldn’t have done that for a hit


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭ Mr.Nice Guy


    Giving serious thought on Son to Sterling. Only thing that worries me is the fact City have 2 days between the trip to Wolves and the home game to Sheff. Utd. I could see a situation where Sterling plays against Wolves and gets rested for the Sheff. Utd match.

    Salah/Mane are home to Wolves on the day of the Sheff. Utd game as well. If they were to score big and Sterling maybe came on as a late sub for a 1 pointer, it could be a big blow to the ranking.

    Liverpool seem to have a handier turnaround for games. 3 days is their minimum recovery time vs 2 for City. That suggests to me Klopp will start the big players.

    Rodgers also said something about Vardy needing a rest over the festive period which suggests to me the West Ham game could be a candidate. Can I afford a gameweek with two big premium players rested? I've also De Bruyne to worry about with regards Pep roulette.

    Looking at it overall Salah or Mane seems the safest option.

    💙

    💛



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭ siblers


    km79 wrote: »
    Oops

    I still wouldn’t have done that for a hit

    I reckon KDB will be rested so need some bit of fire power. Think it's my first hit this season


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Giving serious thought on Son to Sterling. Only thing that worries me is the fact City have 2 days between the trip to Wolves and the home game to Sheff. Utd. I could see a situation where Sterling plays against Wolves and gets rested for the Sheff. Utd match.

    Salah/Mane are home to Wolves on the day of the Sheff. Utd game as well. If they were to score big and Sterling maybe came on as a late sub for a 1 pointer, it could be a big blow to the ranking.

    Liverpool seem to have a handier turnaround for games. 3 days is their minimum recovery time vs 2 for City. That suggests to me Klopp will start the big players.

    Rodgers also said something about Vardy needing a rest over the festive period which suggests to me the West Ham game could be a candidate. Can I afford a gameweek with two big premium players rested? I've also De Bruyne to worry about with regards Pep roulette.

    Looking at it overall Salah or Mane seems the safest option.

    No way you can risk sterling and KDB
    Both are getting rotated
    Maybe in the same GW
    Probably not but it’s pep so who knows


  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭ The Megaphone


    Got taken down to browns town with 33pts this week so in my rage, have taken a -4 (2fts):

    Mousset, Son & TAA out - Martinelli, Salah & Aurier in

    Gives me:

    Pope,
    Lundstram, Aurier, Kelly,
    Salah, Mané, Alli, KDB, Maddison,
    Abraham, Vardy

    Button, Martinelli, Soyuncu, Rico

    Now to turn off the phone until Stephens Day!


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭ Hello 2D Person Below


    Am I missing something with Aurier?

    He seems quite popular on here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭ siblers


    Am I missing something with Aurier?

    He seems quite popular on here.

    He was a baps magnet even without a cleansheets or attacking returns. No longer the case though, he'll probably be dropped soon enough


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭ Cypher_sounds


    Safe to assume Eriksen will start now?

    Could be a great punt or it could be an unmitigated disaster.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47,816 ✭✭✭✭ km79


    Safe to assume Eriksen will start now?

    Could be a great punt or it could be an unmitigated disaster.

    He could be sold within 3 gameweeks
    No


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭ Cypher_sounds


    km79 wrote: »
    He could be sold within 3 gameweeks
    No

    Probably straight swap to Alli. Don’t think I can go without spurs cover given their next 3 fixtures and scoring prowess, before today of course.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭ klopparama


    Surely with Son out Eriksen will start.

    Jose has turned to him both time he needed to increase attacking options.

    I think he starts now with Son out.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,141 ✭✭✭✭ Mr.Nice Guy


    Decided to do Son to Salah. Don't know how it will work out but feels good to have him back.

    💙

    💛



Advertisement