Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why is Guinness always so bad in hotels

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

akelly02 wrote: »
    not a load of bollox in my opinion. and im no guinness snob

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Can someone explain to me so how in some pubs the head is gorgeous and creamy and pure smooth whereas in other places its a bubbly mess ?

Just a **** barman at pulling the pint or what, because 100 percent it differs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

tastyt wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me so how in some pubs the head is gorgeous and creamy and pure smooth whereas in other places its a bubbly mess ?

Just a **** barman at pulling the pint or what, because 100 percent it differs

Wet glass trapping air bubbles
    Guinness "dropped" into glass - glass held too low down in other words
    Pint is not cold enough (you will see this more on the first few pints but not if there is a good flow)

The main culprits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Nobody in Ireland says Boxing Day.
    Think he means no “real” Irishman.

Aye. Equality of esteem for some but less of it for others.

The last time someone posted in this thread we were able to be fussy about where we were drinking Guinness.. a simpler time.

I drank Guinness for a period when I was 19-20. Only started back into it about two years ago as the aul lad frequents a lot of pubs that don't have IPAs so found myself having a few and now I'm back full time on it.

Having tried the cans plenty of times over the years I had just taken to drinking the craft stouts when having a few at home instead of the cans.

I was missing a pint so much I got 4 cans a few weeks ago after seeing a Rorys Story video doing the upside down pour, never tried it and I was itching to replicate the draught pint.

The cans were ok but I didnt have a proper tulip glass and I've even found in pubs if they use different glasses it seems to change the taste for me.

So I said I'd try again with a Tulip glass which I purchased in Dunnes, I also put the cans in the freezer for an hour or so too. The results aren't too bad.
    Washed and dried the glass after each can.

The tulips hold a better head, the extra coldness from the freezer keep it fresher and cooler to the end and the rapid pour seems to give it a longer settle.

I might not beat my local, but it beats a bad hotel pint.

view?usp=drivesdk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Guinness cans just dont taste the same. The worst hotel pint would taste like nector now.:D:D

Advertisement