Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs. Ulster, Friday 20th Dec, 19.35 (Eir Sport 1, Premier Sports 1, DAZN))

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Very bad tempered affair in some quarters. The game was fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

From UAFC:

The total of 14 tries equals the PRO14 record for tries scored in a single match - Edinburgh's 66-32 victory over Caerphilly back in September 2002.

96 points is the Championship's second biggest ever total.

Ulster's tally of 42 points is a PRO14 record for a losing team.

That is also the most points we've scored against Leinster in Dublin.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Did Lyttle go off injured as per every game he plays?

Yes, walked off holding his arm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Clegg wrote: »
    They were push overs for 60 minutes. Leinster breezed through them for fun. I'd classify that as a rabble, yes.

Then why were you saying this just yesterday:
    I don't think the game will be as straightforward as some are suggesting. Ulster are in a much better place than they were 12 months ago when they came to the RDS and got hockeyed. I still think Leinster will win, mind.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The game was a charade to be honest. Ulster's approach was to basically try score 4 tries and forget worrying about Leinster doing what they do. Only 14 points at the end puts a bit of a disingenuous slant on the affair, Leinster had that game won after 20 minutes and cruised their way to the end of the game. Yea, the end got a bit messy, but the game was well in the bag, both teams had their bonus points, there was nothing to play for any more.

The whole atmosphere in the RDS tonight was very apathetic. Hardly anybody cared which is sad given it's an interpro. Everyone knew exactly what the result was going to be beforehand.

I am very doubtful that anyone learnt anything from that, other than we can score some tries against a half-arsed Leinster at the end of the game when the result is sealed and there's nothing to play for. Other than that, our young lads were well beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

aloooof wrote: »
    Then why were you saying this just yesterday:

I expected a competitive game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I expected a competitive game.

Why did you expect a competitive game from a team you deem rabble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ah lads the rabble thing is getting a bit much now, right he said it and it was ridiculous, there's no point in flogging a dead horse over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

aloooof wrote: »
    Why did you expect a competitive game from a team you deem rabble?

I expected a competitive game yesterday and explained why I thought so. Then I saw them actually play today.

Calling Ulster a rabble is honestly so uncontroversial that I can't understand why people have reacted so poorly to it. Would disorganised mess sound better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

awec wrote: »
    The game was a charade to be honest. Ulster's approach was to basically try score 4 tries and forget worrying about Leinster doing what they do. Only 14 points at the end puts a bit of a disingenuous slant on the affair, Leinster had that game won after 20 minutes and cruised their way to the end of the game. Yea, the end got a bit messy, but the game was well in the bag, both teams had their bonus points, there was nothing to play for any more.

The whole atmosphere in the RDS tonight was very apathetic. Hardly anybody cared which is sad given it's an interpro. Everyone knew exactly what the result was going to be beforehand.

I am very doubtful that anyone learnt anything from that, other than we can score some tries against a half-arsed Leinster at the end of the game when the result is sealed and there's nothing to play for. Other than that, our young lads were well beaten.

So much bitterness against the Pro 14. You could have written that last week.

Anyway. Great for Irish Rugby to see young lads having a real good go. Some young diamonds in that Ulster team.
    I would imagine Leinster will be looking at their defence.

Great entertainment for the neutral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

Couldn't find Will Connors so gave the card to Murphy instead. You can't make this up.

To be fair the wrong number was originally given to Clancy by his assistant. Eventually the correct information was relayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

A lot of complaining going on here....good rugby, loads of young Irish players, loads of tries

It was almost like watching the Irish version of Super rugby in second half....

Entertaining but costly game. Some serious injuries out there and VDF looked in a bad way coming off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

An utter farce of a game as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A lot of complaining going on here....good rugby, loads of young Irish players, loads of tries

It was almost like watching the Irish version of Super rugby in second half....

It's supposed to be a league game not s chance to show off the young players. This game is why no one takes the pro 14 seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Entertaining but costly game. Some serious injuries out there and VDF looked in a bad way coming off.

VDF is on a 2 week break now anyway so it could be worse. Ulster came out of it much worse

guapos wrote: »
    It's supposed to be a league game not s chance to show off the young players. This game is why no one takes the pro 14 seriously

So when are you supposed to show off the young players?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That post might have a bit more weight of you said some people instead of no one. I know I take the league seriously.

Leinster put out a fairly strong side and Ulster chose to send such a weak one. Teams choosing to send weakened sides to some games in order to get the best they can from their schedule happens in every league. Exeter sent their kids to Saracens last May for example. French sides have sent weakened teams on the road for years. What happened yesterday is not specific to the P14.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Yeah saying no one takes the league seriously was drunk talk but I'd rather see more quality league games and less filler. Reduce the amount of league games and replace with a cup competition and inter pro if needed to show off the younger players.

Yeah saying no one takes the league seriously was drunk talk but I'd rather see more quality league games and less filler. Reduce the amount of league games and replace with a cup competition and inter pro if needed to show off the younger players.

Is that not what we already have?

Cup competition = Heneiken cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

kmart6 wrote: »
    Clancy is a joke and his assistants are as bad. How do you go from changing the player there when there's a clear difference between them.

And Toland is a scurge.

This x 1000. Ulster's young guns did really well to keep their heads up, but Clancy only refereed one team in the 2nd half. No offsides, no side entries for Ulster - at all! He and Murphy were utterly ridiculous.

Hippo wrote: »
    This x 1000. Ulster's young guns did really well to keep their heads up, but Clancy only refereed one team in the 2nd half. No offsides, no side entries for Ulster - at all! He and Murphy were utterly ridiculous.

I honestly could do with never seeing Murphy near a Leinster game again but alas.

Advertisement