Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMAZON - D-Link DWR-921/B 4G LTE Router -With SIM SLOT - £45.37 / €55

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

With every man and his dog on 4 g connection I changed mine to 3 g only it's far more stable speeds not a good at 4g but I can live with.
    Iam with 3network

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Thank you for your replies. I have not yet been able to get it working.

-I have the sim pin disabled. Made sure by restarting phone and also removing and inserting sim again, multiple times. I do not get asked for my SIM pin on the phone.
    -I also tried to enable the SIM Pin again and then put it in the SIM pin on DLink configuration page
    as suggested by alias no.9 screenshots above.
    -I have waited 20 minutes to see if it will connect after setup as it has been suggested it takes time to configure.

The signal/strength light just flashes orange. After some time goes between flashing red and then back to flashing orange.
    LAN, POWER and WLAN all green lights.

Any other suggestions are very welcome

EDIT: Just to add I have a nano SIM and have it in a SIM adapter, just in case that makes any difference.

Using the same sim in the phone then in the router must be the problem

naughto wrote: »
    Using the same sim in the phone then in the router must be the problem

Could you elaborate a little more? I don't understand why that would be an issue.

I have 2 Gomo sims, both work in the phone but not in the router. Anything that makes it work I am listening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is it recognising the SIM?

• Advertisement

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Is it recognising the SIM?

No, I believe not.

The internet section of the DLINK home configuration (where your screenshot above shows IP Address, subnet mask, DNS etc.) is different to yours in that they are all 0 or 0.000.0.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

When you say sim adapter, is it something you bought ?

The nano sim, should fit back in the 3 in 1 type sim adapter as it came from Gomo. As the nano sim works on your phone then as long as it is seated correctly , it has to work in the router too.

Which then leaves only the router, do a factory reset, and if it still doesn't work, then the router must be a dud.

When you say sim adapter, is it something you bought ?

The nano sim, should fit back in the 3 in 1 type sim adapter as it came from Gomo. As the nano sim works on your phone then as long as it is seated correctly , it has to work in the router too.

Which then leaves only the router, do a factory reset, and if it still doesn't work, then the router must be a dud.

Yes, I purchased this Sim adapter as the DLink has a large Sim Card slot too big to fit my nano Sim in to. https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Adaptors-Adapter-Holder-Bundle/dp/B009HN5IO4

I had to remove the original 3 in 1 adapter as it came from Gomo because I needed the sim to fit in my Samsung Galaxy phone which only has space for micro/nano.

I have tried a factory reset but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

KTBFFH wrote: »
    I had to remove the original 3 in 1 adapter as it came from Gomo because I needed the sim to fit in my Samsung Galaxy phone which only has space for micro/nano.

Yes, but it will still fit back into the bit that came from Gomo, if you still have it.

The 3 in one adapter from gomo should fit the router even the large size

• Advertisement

Yes, but it will still fit back into the bit that came from Gomo, if you still have it.

It fits with a caveat, its a little finniky and can fall out of place easily and I was worried it would get stuck somewhere I could not remove it from, hence the purchase of a different adapter. Still goes in the exact same way and the adapter is the same size/shape as Gomo.

Just to be clear, I tried the sim as it was Gomo provided it in the beginning, standard size. That did not work either.

And the sim works in other things, just not being recognised in the router.

Advertisement