Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So it looks like it won't be coming to PS4 or XB1X.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

Im praying Playstation Vr will be supported on Playstation 5 and Resident evil 8 will have a vr mode .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Resi 8 looks so ****ing cool!

Looks absolutely brilliant, that trailer is amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't play the games but I love how they keep re-inventing the series.

A tiny bit more info from the producers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Markitron wrote: »
    A pretty solid leak says it will be first person, have VR support and will feature Ethan and Chris in some capacity. Apparently it will also have a gothic/occult setting and feature witches and werewolves and the like.

Leak was pretty accurate so
    Im praying Playstation Vr will be supported on Playstation 5 and Resident evil 8 will have a vr mode .

It is confirmed that it will be supported on PS5, it's likely that new camera will greatly improved the tracking as well

Will I start a Village-specific thread seeing as we know more about it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Yes, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »

Threw one together

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058086171

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Noice.

In general RE news, I see they've just passed 100 million copies sold for the series as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Iv never played any of the games . I want to play at least 2 & 7 on ps4 . Should I buy and play the origins game before I play 2 or is there any need ? And after that should I play them in order or does it matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

brady12 wrote: »
    Iv never played any of the games . I want to play at least 2 & 7 on ps4 . Should I buy and play the origins game before I play 2 or is there any need ? And after that should I play them in order or does it matter ?

Resident Evil 1 is a great experience. Start with that as you'll get the know certain characters and the main overall story.

REmake 1 and RE4 are utterly essential games, I would play those two first before anything else. RE2 and RE 7 are both great though.

What about 0 then that comes with 1 ? Should I play that ?

What about 0 then that comes with 1 ? Should I play that ?

Zero is a strange game. It was the last of the old-school RE games when it released in 2002 and it has some unique mechanics which are VERY acquired tastes. I'd be fairly confident in saying it is probably the least liked of the older-style games, and whilst it is still generally considered a good game, I would not recommend it be played first or even second.

Just start with REmake 1 and take it from there, go back and play Zero later if you get into the series

I would break the series down as such, this is not my personal ranking of the games (though it is close). I have excluded the original RE from 1996 because, unlike the remakes of 2 and 3, the remake of the first takes what was already there and improves on it in every way possible. RE2 and RE3 are completely different experiences from their remakes. I'd invite any of the other fans to please disagree if you see fit, though I suspect most would by and large agree with this.

Essential
    REmake 1
    RE4

Slightly less essential
    RE2
    RE3
    REmake 2

Highly Recommended
    RE7
    REmake 3
    Code Veronica

Recommended
    RE5
    RE Revelations
    RE Zero

No harm in trying them if you have finished the other ones
    Revelations 2

Do not play this even if you are offered the cure for C19 and 100 million quid
    RE6

Zero is a strange game. It was the last of the old-school RE games when it released in 2002 and it has some unique mechanics which are VERY acquired tastes. I'd be fairly confident in saying it is probably the least liked of the older-style games, and whilst it is still generally considered a good game, I would not recommend it be played first or even second.

Just start with REmake 1 and take it from there, go back and play Zero later if you get into the series

I would break the series down as such, this is not my personal ranking of the games (though it is close). I have excluded the original RE from 1996 because, unlike the remakes of 2 and 3, the remake of the first takes what was already there and improves on it in every way possible. RE2 and RE3 are completely different experiences from their remakes. I'd invite any of the other fans to please disagree if you see fit, though I suspect most would by and large agree with this.

Essential
    REmake 1
    RE4

Slightly less essential
    RE2
    RE3
    REmake 2

Highly Recommended
    RE7
    REmake 3
    Code Veronica

Recommended
    RE5
    RE Revelations
    RE Zero

No harm in trying them if you have finished the other ones
    Revelations 2

Do not play this even if you are offered the cure for C19 and 100 million quid
    RE6

That’s exactly what I needed . Thank you !

That’s exactly what I needed . Thank you !

No problem, I actually envy you that you get to play all of these games for the first time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd add the original Resident Evil 1 there as an essential. It differentiates itself enough from REmake that it's pretty much an entirely new game and I feel it holds up as well.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd add the original Resident Evil 1 there as an essential. It differentiates itself enough from REmake that it's pretty much an entirely new game and I feel it holds up as well.

Yea I can see why people would feel that way of course. Personally I think REmake is the perfect version of the original RE. It is fundamentally the same game IMO, and it just happens to be far better than the original.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yea I can see why people would feel that way of course. Personally I think REmake is the perfect version of the original RE. It is fundamentally the same game IMO, and it just happens to be far better than the original.

But RE1 has the greatest voice acting in the history of mankind. Its Jill Sandwich good!

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    But RE1 has the greatest voice acting in the history of mankind. Its Jill Sandwich good!

It would be amazing if you could have the original dialogue in REmake

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

It would be amazing if you could have the original dialogue in REmake

...... https://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/5247/original-1996-voice-acting

Started resident evil hd on ps4 today . About hour in . Steep learning curve but into it now . Never played resi evil before !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great game to start off with, fantastic remake.

I'd go original RE2 next then 3, 4, RE2 remake and 7

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I'm still making my way through re3 remake and adoring it (busy life here).

My top re games starting with the best are:

Re2 remake
    Re1 remake
    Re1
    Re3 remake
    Code veronica
    Re5
    Re revelations 1&22
    Re 4

I didn't really care for the rest.

I wish they'd make more like re2 remake and re3 remake.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Great game to start off with, fantastic remake.

I'd go original RE2 next then 3, 4, RE2 remake and 7

Why the original RE2 over the remake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why the original RE2 over the remake ?

RE2 will always eclipse RE2 remake, as much as that was a great game. Storywise i think the original was better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The Resident Evil 3 remake is a disaster. €5 in a petrol station bargain bin sort of stuff. It'd be better to get the 2 original and then the remake as the original has a bit more content though the remake is fantastic.

My own ranking would be:

1. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. The first one I played and the one that got me into Resident Evil proper. It had some nice ideas some of which became mainstays in the series while some were sadly dropped.

2. Resident Evil 2. Aged better than the original game it follows, it's still well worth a look. It offers four (quite similar) campaigns but I adored this when I was younger.

3. Resident Evil (Remake). The original doesn't hold up so well but given that this is on Steam and modern consoles, it's a must play. The original is worth a punt if you can get it working on a modern system.

4. Resident Evil 2 (2019). It feels a bit stripped down compared to the original but what it gets right, it really gets right which is most things. Essential.

5. Resident Evil 4. The series turns to action at this entry but it's a classic for a reason. It's been rereleased as a HD remaster so grab it if you can. The set pieces are superb IMO, the best the series has to offer.

6. Resident Evil 0. Not a bad game at all. Just feels a little out of place compared to the rest of the series.

7. Resident Evil: Revelations. A nice return to form. Plays well on older PC's as well.

8. Resident Evil 5. Where the series had lost its way. I find it enjoyable but it's got some deep and glaring flaws. Also boulders.

9. Resident Evil 6. Some decent sequences and set pieces can't mask the mess that this game is. It has the best mercenaries mode of the franchise but that's about it.

10. Resident Evil 3 (2020). One of the worst games I've ever played. Stripped down for all but the very worst bits of Resi 6. Maybe worth a fiver or less on the Humble Store.

I have not played 7 or Revelations 2.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why is the Resi 3 remake so crap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Why is the Resi 3 remake so crap?

The short of it is, from what ive read (i havent played it yet, waiting for bargain price) But its a very short game, like 6 hours to complete shortness, also Nemesis is meant to be a big let down.

Might be other issues but thats what i took from following the non spoiler feedback here..

Advertisement